Grief Healing Discussion Groups

So i am almost at my five month mark since Tom left and I have been doing quite well.. I see a pschologist once a week, I joined a Grief Share group and we meet once a week, I have reached out to the women in our group, I met a new friend in my apartment block, joined the gym. I was doing one thing a week for myself and starting to feel that i might just conquer all the demons.. wham ...

My sister in law passed on March 5th from cancer. Now Is the time I need Tom, I need his arms around me for comfort, I need his calm voice telling me it will be okay and his kiss on my forehead to tell me that all will be okay. Now what do I do? I haven't felt his loss this badly for a while now and I want him with me

• Like 1

Condolences on Sister in law passing.....death of family member is a big trigger...Take a step back and a few deep breaths when applicable....The whole Widow thing is now we deal with these "Events" alone... , flip side we Celebrate alone also(which creates another trigger for many).....Lainey, wish you the best.....only 4 am, early start for the day for me

• Like 1

We're all so sorry to learn of this most recent loss, dear Lainey. I know it cannot compare to having your beloved there with you, but I hope you can feel our collective arms around you, in sympathy and support. 

• Like 3

Oh Lainey, I'm so sorry.  As if you weren't already going through enough!  It seems that everything we go through makes us miss our person even more because this is something they would have supported us through and now that we don't have that it seems to accentuate that loss too.  I'm sorry for the loss of your sister-in-law.  I hope, as Marty said, that you know we are here for you.

• Like 1

I'm so sorry for this new loss, so soon.  I am glad you are going to Griefshare--that was an excellent choice.  I found Griefshare very helpful when my daughter died 9 years ago, and again when my husband died.  In our journey of mourning, it's two steps forward, one step back--but still moving ahead.  I am proud of all the steps you have taken to move on with life.  Don't let this new grief throw you.  I am confident you will continue to face it with courage.  You must have many wonderful memories of your husband's encouragement--I can picture him watching from Heaven with his usual smile.  And may the support you receive here also encourage you.

Thank you all for your support. This group has been a God send to me , not only now, but in 2010 . 

Sometimes I wonder how many steps forward and backward I will need to take before the pain reduces somewhat.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

As many as it takes...

• Like 1