Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Fred ~ a one of a kind Beagle

enna

One year ago today (May 28th) my sweet granddog, Fred, made his way to the Rainbow Bridge. I miss him. I miss all the fun times we had together. I miss his visits and his eagerness to bring joy to my Jim and me. He spent weeks at grandma’s house when his mom and dad went out of town either for work or for vacation. He followed me everywhere.  He was a true people dog and had to be anywhere one of us was at any given moment. In his later years he had surgeries for cancerous growths and when he couldn’t be left alone he was with me. I lay on the floor with him when he was too sore to move around after surgery. I scratched his belly and hand fed him when he couldn’t get to his dish. He bounced back so many times until he could do it no more.

On his last day, the kids took him to his vet and were told that it was time and with broken hearts, they gave the ok to have him euthanized.  When they called me to tell me that Fred was in doggy heaven I was devastated and deeply sad.  It was hard for me not to be able to say goodbye but I understood the kids needing that time with their precious fur baby of thirteen years to say their goodbye. I am sure that Fred is somewhere out there playing with all his friends including my Benji. It’s hard to think that it has been one year. Where does the time go!

FRED.jpg

• Like 1

A beautiful tribute to a treasured friend, dearest Anne. My thoughts are with you as you remember your darling Fred ~ and your adorable Benji. There just aren't any friends like these wonderful and loving little guys ~ am I right?! ❤️

• Like 1

Oh Anne, as soon as I saw the title of the thread I knew it was your granddoggy, beautiful Fred.  I understand how much you miss him.  Every once in a while we have a very special granddoggy that loves their grandma, yours was Fred, mine was Skye, and I miss him still...I was just talking about him last night.  It's been 4 1/2 years, it doesn't seem possible.  They buried him in my back yard because at the time Paul was in a home he knew he was going to sell, so I got la gravestone for him and I look out over my back yard and see where he lays.  But I also know he's not there, he awaits me at the Rainbow Bridge or someplace like it.  I know they're having fun and Skye is no longer crippled, he no longer has Colitis, or tumors.  We miss them, all of our earthly years and they are never forgotten.

• Like 1