Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Third year coming up

It has been at least a year since I have been on here and I hope everyone is doing as well as possible I lost my husband three years ago on May 17, 2016 to a drug overdose my life changed that day forever I have noticed for me that it is getting easier to live with the loss the pain is always there but doesn’t consume me anymore I am able to live again to smile laugh and even love again something I never thought possible I know deep in my heart that my Kevin will always be a part of me he is a part of my heart and soul 26 years together is along time he helps me get through everyday remembering his love for me to anyone new in grief my heart goes out to you it is the worst feeling take it one breath at a time you will find your way at your pace in your time the pain will always be with you but one day it will just be a part of you not you entire world I hope everyone find their peace in life in their own way I have a special place in my heart for all of you take care Robin 💜

• Like 4

Is this you?  If so, I remember you.  I'm glad that you're doing better.  I realize it's true that even when you find love again, you don't lose that original love, that will stay with you for life, it's one of the paradoxes of grief.

• Like 2

Is it really a paradox, tho?  I remember when Katpilot and Cathy got together and their saying there were 4 people in that relationship, always would be.

i don’t know you Robin, but it’s always good news when someone feels better and life returns to them.  I wish you the best.  🦋

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gwenivere said:

i don’t know you Robin, but it’s always good news when someone feels better and life returns to them.  I wish you the best.  

I think Robin used to go by another name here, Gwen. "rdownes", maybe?

Robin, glad things are better in your life. You're welcome to post more than once a year. 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sorry, I thought I posted this link when I asked if this was you: