Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I miss him, and I feel guilty for moving on

selena1988

Selena,

I've been reading your posts in the other section and appreciate you and your wisdom.  There's no doubt in my mind that you are very capable.  

Why do you think your brother left the $?  That your mom wants to share some of it with you tells me she doesn't have need of it.  Honestly, I think your idea about what to do with it is wonderful.  It was your adoption that gave you your brother, so to speak, so I think donating some to them is apropos.  

Thank you, Marty, for sharing these articles, they're keepers!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2020 at 4:44 PM, kayc said:

Selena,

I've been reading your posts in the other section and appreciate you and your wisdom.  There's no doubt in my mind that you are very capable.  

Why do you think your brother left the $?  That your mom wants to share some of it with you tells me she doesn't have need of it.  Honestly, I think your idea about what to do with it is wonderful.  It was your adoption that gave you your brother, so to speak, so I think donating some to them is apropos.  

Thank you, Marty, for sharing these articles, they're keepers!

Hi kayc

Thank you so much for your beautiful and thought of response as always. I really appreciate your kind words and faith in my decision. Also, I really admire the effort you put into responding to everyone here.😻

Sorry for the bit of a delayed response on my end. I've been taking some time offline to focus on my family, my boyfriend and just enjoying the holidays. 

I've had some good discussions with my boyfriend about this topic, and for now I've decided to invest the amount. I need some perspective to be sure of my decisions and there's no rush to spend anything. If anything, the lump sum I can donate will be even more down the line.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 7:54 PM, MartyT said:

Such an interesting question!

It turns out that others have written about this phenomenon, and you may find these perspectives helpful:

Guilty Money: The Guilt of Inherited Wealth

How to Overcome Inheritor's Guilt

The emotional struggle of receiving an inheritance

Thank you so much for sharing these resources, Marty. I'll definetely take a closer look at them. 

• Like 2