Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I lost my Mom today

mik

I lost my Mom today. I was at the hospital holding her hand when she passed away from covid, pneumonia and kidneys that stopped working. She just moved here to South Carolina with me and my husband. We bought a house and moved, mom needed care and I brought her to live with me. She was 86. I am sure I am still in a state of shock

I dont even want go indoors. All I can do is smoke and sit here. I feel frozen. The feeling of grief is overwhelming to me. We will be flying her back to PA my brother's are arranging the funeral. I am afraid to go to bed. I already had two drinks. I have to make it through this.

• Sad 1

I'm so sorry to learn this sad news about your mom, my dear. You will make it through this, just as you've made it through all the other significant losses you've indured: one moment, one hour, one day at a time. You are not alone. Please know that we're all thinking of you and holding you gently in our hearts . . . ❤️

• Like 1

I am so sorry for your loss.  I've learned so much on my grief journey (16 years since I lost my husband, hard to believe!) yet it's helped me when I've gone through subsequent losses (mom, sister, countless friends and pets) the hardest being Arlie (my soulmate in a dog, companion, best friend), and shortly thereafter 25 year old Kitty.  We mourn each of these losses separately yet they can sometimes raise the old loss as we wish that person were here with us as we go through this.

All of us are thinking of you as you deal with yet another loss, the saying so long to someone we never wanted to...

Thank you. I was also Moms care giver. I am lost now and have no purpose. I am not able to focus and I'm just afraid.  I feel like a zombi.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

That is so hard, I've been caring for my sister since her husband of 50 years died over 13 months ago, she has severe physical disabilities & dementia, blindness, it's all consuming, I finally got some help driving her places as it's 120 mile round trip and she needs countless eye appts.  When I took care of my bedridden (cancer) MIL for three years I also felt lost as she was my best friend, the mom I always wanted, and I felt loss of purpose as well, empty sort of.

This is a lot for you to be going through.
I hope this article helps some...
Caregiving after it ends
I hope you will come here and post whenever you feel it...:wub:

• Like 1

Thank you for this. It has helped a great deal today.

• Like 1

I'm hanging in there. One day at a time...or hour..sometimes minute. 

• Like 3