Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Spanky

lorikelly

I had to put my wonderful dog Spanky to sleep tonight. i feel horrible i just can't believe God would take my mom 11 weeks ago and now my friend Spanky. oh why ??????????????????? i feel horrible and not sure if i can continue on. he taught me so much and loved me so much. i know that i am a better person because of him. i just want the nightmare to end. please pray for me, i need my mom and my spanky. oh why........

I am so very sorry to hear about your precious Spanky. It struck a cord in me as my very first dog when I was 3 yrs old was named Spanky! I remember his so well -- a ball of fuzz and so loving and lively. He was hit by a car when he dug out from under out fence when he was just 6 months old. I cried and cried and cried. I too have lost many beloved animals to death throughout the years so I know how you must be feeling. I don't know if you believe in an afterlife but if so then think of your baby Spanky with your Mom and know that they are together. He didn't go with no one waiting there for him. I'll keep you in my prayers. Love and hugs.

Lorikelly,

Remember this, Spanky is in a place now where he doesn't feel any pain. He is lying down in endless green pastures eating all the treats he wants to and chasing rabbits when he wants. He will be waiting for you until the time you meet again.

Lord, help lori now in her time of need. The loss of her mother and Spanky within a years time is taking its toll on her. I know that you never give us more that we can bear, but it is difficult to keep our eyes on you when times like these come about. Wrap your loving arms around her and allow her to feel your presence as you carry her through this. Help her to remember the good memories and celebrate the lives of her loved ones. Grant her peace tonight and in the upcoming weeks. Amen

Lorikelly,

Oh, I am so sorry. It is such a devastating loss and the timing sucks! One of my babies died unexpectedly 2 weeks after my dad and it just about did me in too. I can't tell you anything except to just cry your eyes out and know that he had a wonderful life, thanks to you. He is probably still "hanging around" (I beleive animals do this....have had many experiences that have convinced me of this) to see if you are alright, so he is not completely gone, he is still with you. Hang in there, Lorikelly.

A huge hug to you,

Shell

I agree with you Shell -- I too have had experiences with animals (and people too) to prove they are still here with us only in a different form. My beloved dog Wags died in 1995 and for months after I could feel him jump on to my bed at night. When he was alive he'd spend half the night in my Mom's bed and half the night in mine (I guess he thought he had to be fair about it! ha.) and we both felt him jumping into our beds at various times of the night after he'd passed for a long time. My Mom even saw my beautiful Bouvier "Passion" a few times after she'd passed so I do believe they are here. I heard Passion bark different times or sigh (she used to sigh at just the right time when someone said something stupid over the years. ha. Really she did!) . After she passed I'd hear her bark or sigh so I believe they are still around us just like I believe people are still around us too. I think God allows that to help us cope and give us hope that this life is not all that there is.

Whiteswan,

Yes, I've had the same experiences with jumping up on the bed and seeing them out of the corner of my eye. It is so comforting, and I love what you said about it being so we can cope and let us know that this life is not all there is. They definitely stay with us long after they're "gone"!

Hugs,

Shell