Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I Wast Just Thinking

I just read Dereks post where it meet Shell, i thought wow isn't that great. i know i would love to meet all of you. i thought back to when i found this site and how much comfort all of you have given me. i remenber in aug when this site was down. it was the night of aug 17th, we had to go to a function which i did not want to go to. we go home around 11pm and the first thing i wanted to do was go online to this place. i was in a severe anxiety attack my legs were shaking and i was hysterical. i couldn't get on. the attack got worse so bad that i could not control the movements of my legs. i didn't fall asleep til after 4 am after i had to take 2 xanax. i woke at 7 feeling horrible still could not get on. i found myself getting so angry. i went to my therapist that day and told how i was feeling that i could not get online. i realized then how much this site and all of you mean to me. i prayed to St. Anthony ( my moms favorite saint.) and finally the site was up and running. i come here at least once a day if only to read. some days i just have no energy to right but find comfort in your words. i have only been coming here since july but all of you feel like family to me. maybe that sounds crazy but i can't help it. you all are the best group of people, i am sorry that we had to meet this way but i believe God puts people in our lives for a reason and i am happy that you are in mine. thank you all for being my friends.

anyway , i was thinking maybe some how we could arrange to all meet , maybe after the holidays. like people have family reunions. we could pick a place find a hotel and maybe spend a weekend getting to meet each other. maybe this is far off but i just thought about it. i would love to meet each and evreyone of you in person. i live in NJ and i know others live all over the states and canada but maybe we could come up with something. just something to think about. let me know. i hope i have gone to far off and sound crazy. i just know that for me it would be healing.

well i just want to say again, thank you b/c there have been times when you all have gotten me out of the black hole. May Goc bless and shine his light on each and everyone of you. Thank You Lord for bringing these people into my life and for giving me hope. lori

Hi Lorikelly,

I think the ideal is wonderful, I live in Canada but somehow I would love to do it... I think that it is a great way to help all of us to heal... Maybe we could ask others to find out who would like to do it and maybe some of us could help plan it... Let me know what you think and I would surely come if I could Take care Shelley

Hi, Lori...

I was thinking the same thing just the other day. I thought how nice it would be to be able to put names with faces. Maybe those of us that live in the states could get together in a central location and the folks in Canada could get together in a central spot for them....then maybe we could connect both groups with webcam (?). I'm not a techie, but maybe we could get something figured out.

Hugs,

Leann

Lori,

It was so wonderful meeting Derek and his son, Carson. I was so excited I thought I'd burst! He is a gentle, kind, loving person and his son is full of personality and was just charming! Derek is a wonderful, patient father. I know Karen is very proud of him. I had a great time!

It would be great if we could all get together. I would love to meet each and every one of you! I always said that if we all lived in the same city....what amazing support we would all have! We'll have to work on a "family reunion".

Hugs,

Shell