Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Happy New Year :o)

KittyLove

Hi friends--I was on a break for the past 2 weeks. It was wonderful. I was away from people that stress me out that make me wonder if I live in a parrellel universe. I had an amazing talk with my husband with the way we want our lives to go this next year...and beyond. I am forcing myself to look ahead. I am determined to be positive and cut out negative people from my life this year--without apologizing. Even fair weathered friends, I have already dismissed in my mind. I feel so in control, making these resolutions to make my life a happier town to live in. I figure its my life, my only one!!

Over the holidays I was thinking about all you sweet people who have answered my questions. I thank you so much & I am so thankfull for my new perspective on the way some people deal with their loss. I never realized how devastating it could be & then to read some of the posts on here, it has just opened my eyes and made me a more compassionate person.

I think a way we can all feel better is helping people in whatever capacity. I made a casserole for my friends who have a 7 month old baby and they were in heaven. It made me feel so happy inside. I am going to continue to find ways to help other people in order to keep helping myself. If you are interested, I found this site--www.volunteermatch.org.

I just want to thank you, the ones that have posted to my posts, for your thoughts. There is a real girl sitting behind here appreciating your wisdom.

Kittylove,

I am so happy for you. It seems you have turned a very important corner in your life and I think we can all benefit from your point of view and attitude. You're right, it's our only life and we have to live it!

I am certainly going to check out the volunteer site. I agree that helping others is healing. And I also agree that you have to get rid of the negative people in your life. Like you, I have already dismissed several fair-weather friends. And I am happy to do so.

Thanks for this uplifting and hopeful post. It really made me feel good just to read it! Good luck!

Hugs,

Shell

Kittylove,

Your post made me smile. I know that feeling when you have made the decision to do something and it feels right and "freeing". I have used the site you shared with us in the past and it is great. I have been a volunteer Girl Scout leader going on 4 years now. It has been great to get to know these children, I do it because my beloved Mom did it for me. She was my Girl Scout leader and I have so many fond memories of her and being in her troop.

Best wishes for you in the new year!

Lori

Volunteering is great! In whatever capacity you can manage, it certainly does help you expand your "comfort zone" and get "outside yourself".

I volunteer every Sunday. Whatever you can do, wherever you can, a little or a lot!