Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Katie Girl Has Crossed The Rainbow Bridge

danslady

Danslady,

I am so sorry, I was shocked when I read your post. I had been thinking about you the last few days. I know the pain and sadness is overwhelming.

I put my dog to sleep a few days ago.(Murphy) I also had to put another dog to sleep the night my mom died Dec 06(Ripley). I stayed with Murhpy while they put him to sleep and the last thing I said was " now, you can go find Ripley" They had been inseperable for 8 years. I like to think you two cats have found eachother once again. U am so sorry for your pain. You are in my thoughts.

DANSLADY

JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW IM THINKING OF YOU AND THE LOSS OF YOUR TWO PRECIOUS FRIENDS............

I KNOW THE BOND OF A PET IS A THING TO CHERISH

GOD BLESS YOU XXX

ALSO AnnieO I WILL SAY A PRAYER FOR YOU TOO AND YOU PRECIOUS COMPANIONS

I KNOW AFTER READING THESE POSTS MY DARLIN SAFFI (GOLDEN LABRADOR YEAR OLD) WILL BE GETTING AN EXTRA HUG TONIGHT

TAKE CARE ALL

I am so sorry to hear of your double loss-that must be devastating indeed. I hope that time will help heal your pain. I know it has for me, but it is a slow process, and I will never forgot Tawny or be completely over her. But time has definitely eased the horrible, intense pain of those first days and weeks after we had to put her down. Your are in my prayers as are you dear Katie and Gizzy.

I guess they didn't want to be parted. Gizzy was hit by a SUV Saturday as we were returning from taking Katie. This has devasted me.

Dear danslady:

I started crying as I read your messages. I've lost three of my oldest kitty children this year and at one point, it felt like the blows wouldn't stop coming. Nevertheless, I can only guess how heartbroken you are at this moment and tell you some of the things that have helped me to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

I went to my first support group meeting this month and it definitely helped that I could be among people who wouldn't judge me because I am grieving so deeply. Just the act of being able to tell other people all about my babies helped.

I also made little memorials to my babies with their pictures, ashes, and paw impressions. Having pictures around the house has been very comforting for some reason. Writing about them has been a way to relive and perserve may memories of them.

Lastly, even though I am not a religious person and don't really believe in heaven for people, I can't help but believe that there must be a heaven for animals. I refuse to think that beings so devoted, loving, and sweet don't go onto an afterlife...one without pain, illness, and infirmity. It gives me great comfort to know that BoBo and Popeye were waiting for Snowball when she died. I know the three of them are caring for and looking out for each other, along with all my other precious babies who preceded them. I like to imagine them romping and running through green grass in the sunshine without having to worry about cars, disease, or hurtful people.

I know that these words seem meaningless right now, but time will ease the acuteness of your pain somewhat. You are in my thoughts and I wish you the best.