Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My mom passed away on 5/30/07. She was diagnosed with lung cancer in both lungs on 4/19/07. She was 84 yrs. old. I am 50. I miss her so - I know I was so lucky to have her for 50 years with me, but right now I feel so lost without her. I live next door. I was around her everyday and called her from work. My daddy is doing ok. He is 84. I know it is hard on him. They were married 64 years on 4/14/07. I feel so alone without her - I hope somehow my pain can go away somewhat. I just feel sick to my stomach - I go in her room and pick up her coat and it smells just like her.

I lost my mom 7/3/06 and it feels like yesterday. i miss her so. i am not sure when this gets better if it does. i feel incomplete with out her. i understand how you feel. we just have to adjust to a new kind of normal with out them. it stinks!!! you have found a great place to come , these people are wonderful. Lori

I know how you feel, also. My mom was 85 when she passed away last October and my parents were married a long time...62 years. My dad passed away 4 years ago. I am your age and yes we were lucky to have our moms so many years. But it still hurts. It is so fresh and new for you...give it time. You have come to the right place to get your feelings out.

Take care...Lori

Lavender,

My Mom also passed away only 3.5 weeks after learning she had lung cancer. She left us July 21, 2006. She complained of her 1st symptom on June 1st, 2006. Everything you are feeling is normal if there is such a thing anymore. The numbness, confusion, exhaustion.... Friends often say one day at a time. Most days I felt like that was just too much. One minute at a time was more like what I could handle. If you feel like crying, cry, cry, cry. Don't be too hard on yourself. You have a very hard road to travel. We all know. We are all still on various parts of a very bumpy roller coaster ride. This journey is one none of us wanted to take but circumstances have thrown us all together. We are all here for you because we know what your going through. You've found a very good place to come too. The first 6 months after my Mom died were pure HELL. Without this site and God, I don't think I would have made it. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

Missing my Mom,

Trudy

Lavender,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I just lost my mom on the 7th and I just feel I'll never be the same person, and actually, none of us ever will be. We talk about the "new normal" on this site. That's what you have to adjust to and it is so hard and painful, not to mention confusing, surreal, so many things! I lost my dad to lung cancer (exactly a month after he went to the doctor when he coughed up blood) and the suddeness of it is so shocking. It will get "easier" as time goes by to handle it. People say "time heals". It doesn't, but it does make a loss less "intense", I suppose. I think you just learn to cope better as each day goes by, even though the pain is still there. Hang in there. I'm 53, and I told a friend the other day that I feel like I'm 5 and my security blanket has just been ripped away from me. But I'm determined to try to make my mom proud by handling life as I know she would have.

A big hug to you,

Shell