Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Stranger In Life

life goes on but idont feel part of it .Im astranger watchig days go by.Some people say that god has areason why things happen. I cant understand why iwas left alone and God did not answer my prayers I was so deeply in love and YIanni such aloving person>There are days I have no gourage to be part of life without him by my side life is emty.In july Im starting counceling with a new doctor .My hope is that he will be more support .Thank you for answering my tears TENY. I

Teny.

For so long i just felt like i was exsisting. nothing seemed to matter. i questioned what life was worth. i have less of those days and when they do come i pray for them to end soon. my therapy, faith and meds have helped me alot. your are always in my prayers. God Bless Lori

I know exactly how you feel. I met my husband when I was 18. We were together for 18 years, 15 of them married. In the beginning I didn't know how to do anything without him, even though I'm a very independant woman. Now after months of meds and therapy, I'm getting there. Sometimes I have to tell myself that I can do this on my own, and sometimes that just doesn't work. So I sit and grieve, wait for it to pass again, whether it's a day or a week, and then I try to move again. Small steps, an hour at a time.

Today was a good day for me. Tomorrow may not be. I try to remind myself that I need to grieve as much as I need to get on with living. It's all about finding a balance - do only what you have to do to take care of yourself. Bathe, eat, pay the bills. Everything else can wait.

Teny,

I, too, have felt the same feelings. Like I'm watching myself trying to get through life. It's very surreal. Sherry gave you some great advice about how to "get through it" all. One day at a time and do whatever you feel comfortable doing and the heck with the rest. It will get "easier" to cope with as time goes by, but sometimes it takes a long time to feel even slightly "normal" again. As we've said many times on this site, it will never be normal again...you will have a new normal. Hang in there and grieve as much and as long as you need to.

A big hug to you,

Shell

Teny,

The time frame is different for everyone. My Mom passed July 21, 2007. It's gotten better in a lot of ways. It's a different kind of pain now. Take one moment at a time. Cry when you need to cry. Come here to vent. We've all been through the same thing. Counceling is very good. He'll help you to understand that everything your going through is normal. We're all here for you too. I'm sending a special prayer your way.

Missing my Mom,

Trudy

My husband passed away in Oct 2006... just 8 months ago. Sometimes it seems like its been a lifetime and other times like it was today. He was only 39. I miss him so much this weekend.

I khow how you feel .Weekends are so hard. I miss my life together .It is sohard for all of us .And yes SHELL time gets very strange THANKS TENY.