Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Storm Coming

karenb

:( We have a big rain/wind storm coming today with weather warnings galore. I have a fluttery stomach, I just hate these storms. Last year my dog and I got the sleeping bag out and just stayed in front of the fireplace for about a week. These types of things make me wish Jack were with me, especially now. I'm prepared...all loose things have been secured, I had some trees removed a few months ago, and I'm sure I'll be fine....it's just nerve racking. I have a feeling this is going to be a bad winter....gloom....gloom!

Your friend, Karen :wacko:

When my twin nieces were babies still in the craddle, they had a close call with some very severe weather, basically seconds after my sister got them out of their cribs, hail broke the window before they left the room so for many years they were afraid of thunder storms. It could have been something in your early childhood that you won't be able to recall.

Love always

Derek

I'm sure it was. Jack was always so comforting wnen I was afraid of something. He was easy going and such a loving husband...I sure miss that. Oh well, life goes one. I've got my Sadie Mae (black lab) and she is completely loyal and takes very good care of me.

Yourfriend, Karen :wub:;)

Hi...You know, that brings tears to my eyes. Sometimes, even though it's been over two years, I miss my husband so much, especially when there's bad storms. There are times, Sadie and I sit on the floor beside my bed and I just read the Bible. They say that helps but I still cringe when I hear the storm noises. Sadie usually hits the floor first, and them I'm right there. I usually have power outages that last too long, but I have a gas stove so I can light it for soup or something. I guess you can tell I'm nervous with that stupid lump in my throat. I hate that lump! Thank you for responding.

LU....Karen :(:wub:

Karen,

I do know that feeling, before we moved here we lived in a beat up old trailer in the woods a mile back on a dirt road. I used to get together with the girls and have battery lanterns ready for the power to go out. I also had a gas stove for when the power and heat went out. I will keep my prayers going for you! ;)

Hugs & prayers, :wub:

Corinne

Well, it's started. Sadie's ears are laid back and she has her head in my lap. The power went off once, and it's flickering again now. She's going to head for a corner, I might, too. But I will do this thing again....not be afraid. I hate these storms! I have a chalet-style home where Jack's and my bedroom was in the loft but a few months ago, I moved the bedroom down to the lower level in case limbs came through the roof. I have my office in the loft now and that's where I'm at and I can hear that roar of the wind. There's not much activity outside and it's only five o'clock. People are sticking inside. I thank God I'm not in an area like where so manyh horrible things happened. I just can't get rid of this lump inmy throad. I know things will be fine because I have God and Sadie by my side. This sounds so dramatic but I can't help it. Thanks for being there. Thanks, Corrine. I hate this lump and tears!!! I don't know why.

Your friend, Karen :wub::(

My dear Karen,

As this storm approaches, I want you to remember that you are connected to all the members of our GH family by the love and caring that we all feel for one another. Even if your electricity goes out, your computer crashes, and you cannot go online, it does not matter ~ we are still connected by that invisible string of love that connects all of our hearts to yours. You are not alone. And give that precious Sadie Mae a kiss on her nose from all of us. :wub:

Karen,

Like I said I really do know that feeling. I used to hug my girls tight and pray and pray that a tree didn't come through the aluminum roof. If it got really bad I would take them in the garage. You and Sadie will make it through. I am here praying for you both and sending a big hug. ;)

Hugs & prayers,

Corinne :wub:

Thank you. I wish I wouldn't cry and shake...I know it's not as bad as elsewhere....I'm just scared. I'll fe just fine...I always am. Thanks, Marty. I hear a siren now....I hope no one has been hurt!

Karen,

Hang in there, as Marty said we are all here for you. (Feel the Love) You are always here for us and we are here for you. ;)

Hugs and prayers, :wub:

Corinne

Thanks so much. I think I'm better now, after the crying subsides I think we're stronger. Last storm there were a million people out of power for a very long time. I'll get something to eat, maybe. Thanks.

You are such a little sweetheart. Boy, I can't believe these huge gusts where all the trees are going sideways. I have some giant trees that I worry about but I can't afford to have them taken down. It would cost $1,000. So I hope the wind stays in the other direction for them. Again, you're such a little sweetheart and lovely person for sticking with me. Now, go feed yourselves some dinner...I know I'll be okay. I'm just scared but that's not life threatening!

Your good friend and thanks...Karen :wub:;)

Karen,

Hang in there and know, like our dear Marty said, that we are all thinking of you. I'm so glad you have Sadie Mae, the best comfort you can have (aside from your wonderful late husband, of course). Let us know how things are going!

Hugs,

Shell

Karen,

I did have to go put my little ones to bed last night. I am on the east coast so it was getting late. I kept praying for you and Sadie Mae. Please let me know how you made out.

Hugs & prayers,

Corinne :wub:

Hi Karenb,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and wish I could just hold out my hand and make the storm disapear...Please rest assure that God is there and he will help you get through this... Take care Shelley

Karen,

You haven't been online all day so I am assuming your power is out from the storms. I am praying for your power to come back on, I missed you and your wisdom today. Please post as soon as you get back up and running. Until then I will continue to pray. ;):wub:

Hugs & prayers,

Corinne

Thanks so much all of you. I remembered what Marty said and I am very grateful for you all. I have power now, 0ver 300,000 homes were without power for some time. Not much fun and I was nervous because there were thunder storms going on as well, and I really don't like those, with more coming today - not the wind though, I hope. I just took Sadie and a warm blanket, flashlight and a book and just stayed in bed. No cars in or out of this area because a big tree fell over the road onto the power wires. I wish I didn't get so nervous about this weather but when you have no power there's not much you can do. Thanks again.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

Thanks Corrine, You're a sweetheart. It's so nice to know people like you. I hope you and the girls have a peaceful weekend. My daughter and son-in-law are picking me up later to go to a college football game. My grandson is assistant coaching...very proud of him! See ya later...

LU...Karen :wub:;)