Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Having A Bad Weekend

Hi Karen,

I am so sorry for the loss of your mother-in-law. God bless her she made it to 102. It is a difficult loss but a little more understandable at that age. I lost my precious Nana on August 30, 2006 at the age of 98. She was my mentor and one of the funniest people I have ever known. She taught me how to "say it like it is". I truly miss her but I am glad she is finally getting some rest. Once again, you are one precious lady to have stayed in contact with her and not tell her about her son. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.

Hugs & prayers, :wub:

Corinne

Hi Karen,

I am so sorry for the loss of your mother-in-law. God bless her she made it to 102. It is a difficult loss but a little more understandable at that age. I lost my precious Nana on August 30, 2006 at the age of 98. She was my mentor and one of the funniest people I have ever known. She taught me how to "say it like it is". I truly miss her but I am glad she is finally getting some rest. Once again, you are one precious lady to have stayed in contact with her and not tell her about her son. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.

Hugs & prayers, :wub:

Corinne

Thanks, Corrine, so much.

:wub: Karen

Wendy,

I was thinking about you yesterday, and I miss our communications too, seems like a long time, I am ok, got to the low point of living in my apartment and finally decided to get a home now. How you been lately? Our Dear Karen has many many children now :wub:

Love & hugs..

William

Wendy, yes, :) its a fixer upper in east part of town, I just got fed up with the landlord issues and decided to take a gamble to move out of this area, too many memories and the rents is higher than my expected mortgage payments, Now I just need a feminine touch of colors to it, maybe I'll post some pictures and risk the humiliation and get ideas on colors :ninja: and I can ask Karen to bake me a cake :wub:

William

Absolutely, your blessed heart, our William. Congratulations! I've done the fixer upper so many times!!! Good for you! I am soooo proud of you. Your home will be the best thing I'm sure you like that you have done lately...it's so much work but it's yours and whatever you do will be YOURS! Wonderful. Bless your heart. My eyes are still blubbering but, bless her soul!

:wub::wub: Karen

William I would be more than happy to help too. Decorating is my passion in life, I decorate and then redecorate etc etc. My problem is Steve is not here anymore to tell me how nice something looks that I have done. When we had our addition done Steve and I designed the addition and I decorated it and the contractor came back after I was done and looked in my kidtchen and said "Wow this should be in a magazine." I have to say that was a very proud moment for me and I will always cherish that because I always thought people who were close to me were just trying to be nice but then I realized that maybe I did have a talent for it. The only advice I can give right now is try to keep everything neutral as far as your walls and tile and fixtures etc. This way if you ever what to change your colors or if you decide to resell it will be much easier. Who know you might like flipping houses, theres good money in that !

Love,

Wendy :wub:

Thanks Karen, its a big step and unknown waters for me, I cried many times wishing Myrna and I could've done it together, feels so wierd not having her here at such a big moment.

Wendy, obviously you have a knack if a contractor comments on it, I would love to have some insight on what to put where, i was thinking neutral colors too, the kitchen is yellow with white trim, thats one place I won't have to paint but the living room is olive green, the 2nd bedroom is blue and master is grey with 2 blue bathrooms yuck. i am glad I made a living as a painter years ago, seems it falls in place now. I aspire to buy another house to sell eventually, this one now is way below market value for the price.

You are right Wendy, I was thinking a light brown or tan, with white on the trim...

I am feeling so sick today, its weird to me since I don't feel any emotions but my body is experiencing some kind of trauma? it slowly built up today.

Have you changed your meds lately? Have you felt this way before? Could it be that you might be just betting a bug? I just picked my son up to be with us....he was so hungry and I made bunches of goodies for him and we're going to have a good dinner. It's good to see him feeling better. You know what I mean, William, right? I want you to have a peaceful night. I'll pray that you'll be fine. Please take care.

:wub:;) Love you, my friend, Karen

Karen,

it was some time ago, I usually get flare ups when I am under stress or grief. the past week has been hell, its been a long time since I felt this way, thanksgiving w/o Myrna, I don't know...last year this time she was becoming ill. Perhaps a long nap is in order.. I feel so down

William my buddy are you feeling okay? I am sorry I wasn't here to talk with you but I had to shop and cook and bake and feed the puppers and me. I am exhausted and my back is killing me ! ( already had one back surgery) DO you feel like you may be coming down with something or do you feel like it is depression? I will check back in a bit or if you want you can email me privately and we can talk, okay? I am feeling down too, we can comfort eachother.

Love,

Wendy :wub:

Karen, I get my 8-9 hours and then some of sleep and feel more tired, this year has gone by too fast.

Thank you Corinne, the more prayers the better, needing some steam for this old boy.

Wendy, I wish I was on earlier, a friend came by and it helped alot, but it helps more when you guys are here. I know back problems, they never go away, I tried everything but snake oil. I can't pin what it is but it may be depression, haven't been caring for myself properly lately. every anniversary month and holidays just seem a downhill slide.

Love,

William

William,

I know the aches and pains better than you think, had lifelong arthritis problems and although happily a new treatment has me right as rain for the moment (Linda's doctors were good for *something*) I sure understand how chronic pain wears a person down. Baby yourself as much as possible this holiday weekend. You deserve and need it.

Take care,

--Bob