Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Last night I was thinking about George, and I felt an overwhelming sense of love coming from him, it was inside of me and all through me, it was stronger than I have ever felt before, and I started crying and crying. I thought about getting up and going on line here, but instead I just sat there and felt it. I had been talking with my son about my acceptance of my current marriage, that it's not what I had hoped for or what we had talked about and that I have come to the realization that he didn't have a great need for me in his life, that he is comfortable being alone and that it is a very real possibility that we may never live together, and that he may love me in a limited capacity but is basically self-centered and a loner, and while that is okay, I wish I had known that before we married because I had been painted a very different picture than what is. I have accepted what is and don't expect it will ever be different. But I also know that I was loved once and I was lucky enough to have at least had that, for however brief a time in my life it was. It was then that I was flooded with love, and I believe it was George somehow letting me know that he still loves me and always will and I carry that inside of me. That love gives me strength and comfort and it is of great consolation knowing that I am still loved, no matter how my life goes, no one can ever take that from me. Someday my ashes will be scattered where his are...I know that is not us, yet it is symbolic of our remaining together, our spirits will be reunited wherever they go. I don't know if this is of any consolation to anyone or not, but I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that our loved ones are not gone, and our love remains forever.

KayC

KayC, "They" aren't gone and what a comfort that is. I have felt Larry's presence many times since his death and many signs that he is telling me he's okay. I'm so glad you have felt this Kay for I know it gives you some peace and comfort. I can't remember if it was this site or somewhere else that I saw this but I thought I would add the link here, its beautiful and its a reminder that the love we have for them and theirs for us still exists. Deborah

http://upchucky.com/worship/not-gone.html

Yes, I know so well what you mean, Kay. For me it was a few months after Jack died and I will never, ever forget that feeling. It was such a complete love feeling that just enveloped me totally. I had that heart-shaped locket appear on a wood carving and I wear it all the time, it just came out of nowhere. So, I really now what you're talking about. I'm so glad these things happen - it helps a lot. Have a good week-end.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

Deborah,

I cried when I saw the site you posted, I think I saw it before a long time ago, but it reminded me of the night he died, the big thunderstorm that shook the sky and the multi-rainbow that followed, it was as if all of heaven was affected by his entrance. Thank you all for your response. Sometimes it's a little awkward posting when I have remarried, but it's not a vote against my husband, but rather an acceptance of things as they are and an acknowledgment that George still exists, I know because he lives in my heart.

KayC,

I know these feeling. I can recall just after Jack died that I hoped I would someday have the same type of love someday that I experienced with Jack. We had talked years before he died (when we were both healthy) that we would always want the other to go on. However “going on” and attaining the same type of love you had with that special someone in your life are two different things.

I have come to realize that I can accept others in my life – even a special someone – but that person will never be able to replace what I lost. Furthermore, I have reached the point where I am “ok” with that. I no longer want to replace what I had. It was special and unique. Jack was special and unique. Nothing and no one can replace him. Now that makes me smile – to know I had such a love. It was not that long ago that these thoughts would only bring me tears.

I have felt those moments of Jacks presence – as you have felt George’s – and what a comforting feeling that love still provides me.

I offer you this quote by Aeschylus that appears in my book:

“He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of god.”

Love and Peace,

John – Dusky is my handle on here

Love you Jack

....I was flooded with love, and I believe it was George somehow letting me know that he still loves me and always will and I carry that inside of me. That love gives me strength and comfort and it is of great consolation knowing that I am still loved, no matter how my life goes, no one can ever take that from me. Someday my ashes will be scattered where his are...I know that is not us, yet it is symbolic of our remaining together, our spirits will be reunited wherever they go. I don't know if this is of any consolation to anyone or not, but I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that our loved ones are not gone, and our love remains forever.

KayC

KayC - I agree with you that we will be reunited and meanwhile our love remains forever! :)

This song helps me remember that fact:

http://www.spiritlyric.com/song.html