Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Husbands Death Was Not Enough

Hi everyone,

I have not been here for a while. I have just not felt like doing anything. My step son died 2 days ago. He over dosed unintentially. I was not able to fly out. I feel so horrible. He was only 28 years old. This has really took me by surprise. Now I am doubly depressed. I cant seem to find any sort of happy place. I would have gladly went in his place. At least he is with his mother and father. They will take care of him.

Tears

Tears, I am so sorry. That happened to me. It was not my stepson. I don't know what I would do if it did happen to my stepson as we are very close. But my husband died on March 4th. In August we were supposed to be going to his nephew's wedding but I just didn't feel up to it being that my life had been turned upside down. So he got married and they went to Fiji on their honeymoon and a week later he got killed in a car accident. He was a Marine and had done 2 tours in Iraq and not a scratch on him. They were married for 3 weeks. I did go to the funeral as I was sure that my husband wanted me to go but it was close to where I lived. All I would think of is at least I had 40 years with my husband but she only had 3 weeks. Take care. My thoughts are with you. Jan

Tears,

I am so sorry. This is yet another loss to have to deal with. You must feel like you lost yet another part of your husband. It seems esp. wrong when they have their whole lives ahead of them.

I send you a big hug, I wish I knew what to say, it's just terribly hard.

KayC

Dear Tears,

Please accept my sympathy at another great loss. I have a stepdaughter and I know she is devastated from losing her dad. I also know how deeply we love them and wish we could do more to help. You must be exhausted still from the recent death of your husband. I can understand how difficult it would be to find any joy in anything right now. Please know you are in my prayers. Do you have people close to you?

Kath