Grief Healing Discussion Groups

One Year......

ago today (28th) my Alex was admitted into the hospital and 5 months to the day June 28th he passed away. From the day he was admitted to the day he died he never left the hospital, not even the bed. How can one day (28th) be so significant. There are so many significant days in the 5 months that I will be remembering from last year. Thank God I don't remember every day. There was Valentine's day when he had his trak operation. And in April when he had another heart attack. Every day, the stress and strain that I went through seeing Alex go from bad to good and then back to bad. I always had hope and never got that break.

I just pray to God that I get through the next five months.

Love and God Bless,

Jeanne

Hi Jeanne,

As we have discussed before, you and I started down this path at almost the same time - Janet passed away on June 25, and I joined this forum the day after you did. There are a lot of difficult memories for me to deal with over the months ahead, too. Hopefully we can get through these times together. Take care.

Mike

Yes, its a really tough rd, tougher than any rd i have ever been on before. I am trying so hard not to get stuck on the constant journey from hope to despair and back to hope again. What a vicious cycle it was/ is . It lasted for 3 years. 1 year before he died and on 8 March 2009 it will be two years since his death, and I still feel in the cycle although more hopeless now than ever before I think. I really dont want to feel like this, its not my choice and I am trusting God for a real miracle in my lfe very soon

Yes Mike I do remember when you joined and saw that Janet passed a few days before Alex. You know I have many friends and many co-workers and none have gone through the loss of a spouse (not that I would wish that). Obviously, this site does have many who have lost their spouses. It's amazing how I will talk to my friends and co-workers and they just don't know how it feels and I don't know how to explain it to them. But, yet here all my friends know exactly how I feel and me in return.

I do think about many who have anniversaries coming up and I especially remember about your's. I hope that you find the strength during this difficult time. At least these anniversaries are not spent alone.

Love and God Bless

Jeanne

Erica It will be two years for my Steve passing on March 7th I had forgotten how close our dates were. We need to keep in touch when it gets close to that time, I don't know about you but I am already dreading the two year mark and it is hard to believe it has been that long since I have seen him. I am glad to see you posting again ! Jeanne you are so right, until someone goes through this which if they have not already they will at some point in their lifetime, they have no idea how much this pain hurts and how it changes you forever.

Love Always,

Wendy :wub:

Jeanne and Mike - Add me to the same time line. February will mark the beginning of my year of hell - the start of Joe's diagnosis. Our brains are like little computers, aren't they - not letting our hearts forget those sad dates. I just thank G-d he's not suffering anymore. Love to you both, Marsha

Jeanne, That's how it was with me and George too...I was gone, the once a year I attend my sisters' reunion, and he had a heart attack, went to the hospital, it was two days later before word got to me and I could get a ride to the hospital, I was hours away, and then he died.

These anniversaries are really hard to get through. I'm glad you are on this site and can let your feelings out, I think it helps. We never stop missing them...