Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Amazing Grace

In Memory of “What Was” and “What Is to Be”

Twenty –Four years ago today I left Michigan and relocated to Arizona. Jack and I had been together nearly 7 years at that time. Jack would follow me to Arizona nearly three months later in April 1985. I would never have guessed that he would have been dead twenty years later; however, that is the reality of the eventual history of our move to the Valley of the Sun.

Yesterday I quietly observed three and a half years without Jack. Even I cannot believe he has been gone that long – but he has. Much has happened since that day twenty-four years ago when we began the journey to this new life here in Arizona. Most of what occurred was widely adventurous – pretty much, what one would expect from the moments of a life lived with Jack.

Time has softened the stark gray memories of his merciless passing with the realization that life can continue even after what seems at the time to be an insurmountable loss. The human spirit has an uncanny ability to overcome. It has an amazing ability to turn a black and white scene into one of multiple colors.

Now I can remember - and smile. A few years ago, immediately following Jacks loss, all I could do was remember and cry. Black and White images of those painful memories can now be viewed with a Rainbow Prism.

Therefore, in keeping with that image I give to you the following musical presentation of Amazing Grace.

May all your memories eventually show a Rainbow of Colors.

Please enjoy the following beautiful presentation of Amazing Grace – In memory of “What Was” and “What Is to Be”

PLEASE NOTE: I COULD NOT ATTACH THE MICROSOFT POWERPOINT ATTACHMENT OF THIS BEAUTIFUL RENDITION AND PICTURE PRESENTATION OF "AMAZING GRACE." HOWEVER, IF YOU SEND ME AN E-MAIL TO DuskyJJ@cox.net I WILL BE GLAD TO FORWARD A COPY OF THIS MICROSOFT POWERPOINT PRESENTATION TO YOU. IT IS A BEAUTIFUL AND POWERFUL PRESENTATION.

It would require that you have PowerPoint as part of your PC components.

John,

This is exactly the message I've been sharing with others, that once what brought only pain, now brings a smile, as I think about George. Yes, I miss him as I have from the moment he passed on, but it has evolved somehow from pain to strength and comfort.

:)

Thank You so much John - a very beautiful and meaningful presentation!

The scenes remind me so much of Jean and how I miss her and yet my memories of her life continue to brighten up my existence. The black and white versions remind me of how I felt for so long after she died. As they turn to brilliant real life color they remind me of how much she added to my life.

This was a great way to start my day and brought more than a few tears, but also a feeling of some content that she is free from her pain from cancer and waits patiently to see me once again.

It will be 46 months on Friday the 13th since she died peacefully. I did not think that I would survive this long, but somehow I have with the help and support of others in this group and elsewhere. Mainly knowing that my Jean would want me to "carry on" with life.

Thanks again John! :)

(Jack was fortunate to have such a loving partner like you)

John:

You put things so beautifully. I am happy that you can look back and smile about your life with Jack. I am not at that point yet. Oh, I do smile at things that Alex has done, but he is only dead 7 months. I do feel that it will get easier as time goes on and I could move on, especially after hearing that it has happend for you.

Love and God Bless,

Jeanne

When I look at the three responses from my post – those from KayC, Walt and JeanneC – it strikes me that within this short thread of posts are a snapshot of the grief process during the first four years after losing a mate.

The pain that we all feel in the early days of grief does soften – a message that the more senior members of this group like KayC, Walt and I often try to relay to the newer members such as JeanneC. Pain does not totally subside – but those ruff edges can in fact be smoothed. Eventually we can begin to see color in some of those black and white images that torture us in the early days of sorrow.

They say that a picture is “worth a thousand words” and that “music touches places beyond our touching.” Therefore, all the words of this post, and the replies to this post, are that snapshot of grief we seek to explain to each other. Moreover, when you combine our collective words with the pictures and the words of the “Amazing Grace” presentation, it all begins to make a little more sense.

I urge each of the readers of this post to e-mail me directly at DuskyJJ@cox.net so that I can send you the Microsoft PowerPoint presentation. Let the music and pictures help you heal.

Thanks so much for sending this to me John, I will send it on to other members of the group that I am close with. This truly is beautiful, I myself am not completely in the color version yet at 2 years, I still have a "Touch Of Grey" in mine, but I am getting there. Thanks again...

Love Always,

Wendy :wub:

John,

Thank you so much for sharing this. Wendy sent it to me and it made me smile. That is how I think of Jimmy. For so long when I thought of him it was with sadness, now when I think of him I smile and I am so thankful of how much love we shared and how much he taught me. I know that he is waiting for me and someday we will be together again.

Love & Hugs, :wub:

Corinne

John

Thanks so much for sending this to Wendy. I didn't e you for it because I didn't think I had power point, but apparently I do. Besides the pictures I was amazed at the gentleness of Celine's singing in this. Usually it is almost like she is screaming at you but this was peaceful.

Thanks again for sharing.

John

Thank you so much for the link. It is so beautiful such a wonderful tribute. Thanks for sharing it. :rolleyes:

Bdzack