Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Lost My Dad 2 Years After My Mom

Rosanne, dear ~ I'm so sorry to learn of the death of your father, and I can only imagine how difficult these past two years have been for you. At the same time, I'm pleased to know that you've found your way back here to us, because you know we won't let you travel this path alone . . .

I can't even imagine coping with the loss of both parents. I'm having plenty of difficult moments dealing with the loss of my mom and 2 years between losses is such a short period of time.

I hope you're doing okay!

Rosanne

Just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts.

It was a very bittersweet week-end for my family. My son graduated from h.s and while we were so happy for him and working hard to make it a fun week-end, I know everyone was thinking about my parents and wishing they were here.

Take care of yourself.

Thank you all for your kind words.

This sight helped me so much with mom, most of the time when I would finish posting I would be crying, but I needed to do that.

We found out 2 days after my dad past away that my daughter (has been trying for 4 years) is expecting. She had to go through the egg donor route-(which was her best friend). We heard the heart beat yesterday, and this was also my dad's birthday... Bittersweet time for us.

I know exactly how you feel. My mom's anniversary of her death is tomorrow June 10th-

I honestly don't see how to keep going. Very Very hard time right now.

Rosanne

Rosanne,

I'm soooo sorry that you are going through this. I know it is difficult to deal with the loss of your parents, I'm so happy for your daughter and her expecting a baby. Hopefully this will give you some happy thoughts and help to ease the pain of the grief. How did you get through June 10th? My mom passed in Nov. 2008 so I have not dealt with the year anniversary. Some days are better than others. I wish I had some wonderful words of wisdom that could help you to feel better. Take care!

Cubby