Grief Healing Discussion Groups

It has been 6 1/2 months since I lost Ben, As time goes on i seem to miss him more.. I think about him all the time, especially when i am not feeling well which lately is all the time!!! Our birthday's are coming up soon last wk of Sept is my and his would have been Oct 7th. He loved our birthdays he always made a big deal of my birthday when the kids were little they would plan all kinds of crazy things as the kids got older they got crazier...One year they put happy Birthday signs up from where i worked all the way home every mile there was a sign!!!! On his birthday we always had fun too!! Baked him cake, made his special meal or we would all go out to eat!!! I have been thinking about what we are going to do so we are still going to celebrate his birthday!!! My oldest daughter is having a real problem with this but like i told her she does not have to participate....I decided a few weeks ago so what i am planning is each of our family members will buy 1 boardgame and 1 childs book and we will be donating them to Hospice of the Valley in honor of his birthday!! Ben always gave his time to different causes and loved children...We were at hospice for about 7 days and we know what it is like so I thought this would help other familes like ours to pass the time and make it a little easier on them!!! But just doing this has helped me i have been organizing everything getting all the games together and trying to find the childrens books that i want to make sure are bought ....some times i think i'm crazy but this has made it a littles easier i still miss him and i still cry but at least i have found something to keep him alive... My mother-in-law,sister-in-laws also are very excited they all thought this was a great idea...All my kids and grandkids love the idea my 11 yr old grandson sd to me that his tata would be so proud of me for planning this because his tata was always helping people!! and then he said he was proud of me too!! That made my day!!! :

My dear Lucia, I think your idea is simply wonderful, and I'm sure your donations will touch the hearts of many other families being served by Hospice of the Valley. Bless your sweet heart, and thank you so much for sharing this lovely idea with all the rest of us. :wub:

Lucia, I think that is a wonderful way to celebrate Ben's birthday, so apt due to his personality being so giving, and it gives your whole family the chance to celebrate and participate. How fitting and how thoughtful. Birthdays are hard to embrace now ... but giving the day a positive charge in this way, I'm sure will help.

Thanks for sharing this idea - I am going to give thought on how I can adapt this into something fitting for my beautiful husband.

xx

Oct. 7 is my birthday too! I think it's a great idea...their birthdays were and will always be very special to us...