Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Does It Ever Grasp You

MichA

MichA

it is soooo normal... I hope that you are speaking with a grief counselor to help your through this loss. There are some very gifted counselors out there that can really pull stuff out of us and help us through this painful process... at least that has been my experience. You also want to make sure that you take care of yourself physically and don't ignore some physical symptoms. Take care of yourself

Laurie

Thank you for your replies,

AnnieO that is exactly what i mean... one day i'm at a place or doing something we previously did together and i smile and think about her and other times it's the exact same thing and it almost makes me nauseous it grabs me so hard...

Laurieb, i have not met with a grief counselor, a few months ago my husband tried to find one but was unsuccessful and since then i have been doing better. I do my best to take care of myself, but i am also trying to watch over my dad as he is very lonely. We try to visit him regularly and we definitely talk about my mom which is nice because most people get very uncomfortable as soon as i mention her name or say something about her. They generally change the subject very quickly.

Michelle

Hi All.

I lost my mom( Nov 08). I still have good days and bad days. Some times the grief is overwhelming. The bad days are not as frequent as in the past, but I still have my moments of crying my eyes out. I guess the crying is part of the healing that we must go through. Take care of yourself.

Cubby

I am very struck by what AnnieO said - sometimes it brings you a smile, sometimes it brings you to your knees. That is exactly what it is like. Michelle, I have had times like this too. Sometimes I can look at my father's picture and talk to him about my day. At other times I miss him so much that I grab the picture off the wall because I want to hug him.

Grief hurts a lot. It's the most painful thing I have ever been through, and I think it's the most painful thing a lot of us will ever go through. But we do have this wonderful website to talk to others about it, and about our loved ones. I think it is wonderful that you are visiting your father and talking about your mom! Isn't it wonderful to talk about her? I know what you mean about people changing the subject hastily; they don't realize what we would like to share and hear about our loved ones.

There are days where you will cry your eyes out and the pain physically hurts, and other days, you'll feel alright. It's normal. You just have to ride the wave.

take care,

Chai