Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Happy Birthday Dave!

Kimi, I know today will be hard on you.

Are you planning to commemorate the day, or would you rather not this year?

I actually poured Cliff a drink (vodka, coke, ice to the top of the glass, and a squeeze of fresh lemon) :wub: and two of his friends spent the evening with me. The glass sat there all night and I wouldn't pour it away till after midnight. Just a little thing, but it helped me a tiny bit.

I didn't want to be alone that day, so am hoping that you have support and friends to love you today.

HUGS

xx

oh thank you Boo,that is so sweet what you did for cliff,Im hoping I can handle going out,my best friend is gonna take me out and we will have a margarita for him.Im so lost without him,Do you live in london?We have family in bristol england,my mom who died 13 yrs ago today was from wales she came to san diego and adopted me n my sisters she was the best!Take care and thank you!xxx

Kimi,

Our thoughts are with you today...I know it's hard. Hugs to you!

Hi Kimi - it takes me half an hour to drive into Central London, but I drive fast!

So you had to go through your husband's birthday and the anniv of your mom's death yesterday? That must have been harder than I even thought initially! What a heart-warming story, Kimi, that a Welsh girl moved to California and adopted you all ... my Dad's blood came from Wales originally :-)

I hope that you enjoyed your margarita (I trust that it was a frozen margarita and it came in a JUG ;-)

Let us know how you got on. You may find that today it hits you harder ... that's what happened to me, in fact I was a mess ... thinking of you xxxx

oh thank you Boo,that is so sweet what you did for cliff,Im hoping I can handle going out,my best friend is gonna take me out and we will have a margarita for him.Im so lost without him,Do you live in london?We have family in bristol england,my mom who died 13 yrs ago today was from wales she came to san diego and adopted me n my sisters she was the best!Take care and thank you!xxx

• 2 weeks later...

Kimi:

Sorry I missed replying to your post - I read it earlier, but didn't get a chance to reply (just got home last night from 3 weeks with Scott's family). I hope your special day went as well as it could have. For our 10th Anniversary in July, I bought 2 of my wedding flowers, bought him an anniversary card, and went out to dinner with friends. I took pictures of the flowers and card, and finally put the card into my heartbreak drawer in the wee hours of the morning.

Korina