Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Hospice Support Group

Last night I attented for the first time, a Monthly Grief Support Group. Can't tell you how wonderful it was for me to spend time with others that are in the grieving/mourning process. Not only was it a supportive group, it was a chance for me to experience the losses of others, feel empathy for them, and at the same time, gain insight at how others handle this journey at different phases of their healing. It is a safe place to share your feelings, your tears, and tell your story. At first my anxiety level was very high, but I was able to fight that and stay for the entire time. I am so thankful for programs such as this where we can go and feel safe to share, be with others and just be ourselves. It was a struggle to go, but so worth it. Blessings to all. Debbie

Hi Debbie,

I;'m glad that the group was a comfort to you...I went to one and there were men and women of course all grieving and the men were having a harder time than the women...We all had our story to tell and it was very difficult but we helped one another too...Next meeting, we are going to have a "Christmas Workshop" helping you to get thru the Holidays and they will issue a workbook...Keep going to these Debbie..when I relocate in Calif. I will look for them there...It will be so hard to leave but my mom needs me and I need her...Bless you, Rochel

I really wanted to join a support group. I got a notice from Hospice last month about a group near me. It said the meetings would be at the hospital but to call first to see if there would be a meeting that week. The phone number was the hospital's main number and I got shuffled around, transfered to automated services etc. I never did find out if the meeting was happening or in what room. The groups in this area are so specific as to age, loss etc, it's frustrating. So, I've just been making my own way, with the help of this group, through the process. I think it's great that some of you have found good support groups.

I really wanted to join a support group. I got a notice from Hospice last month about a group near me. It said the meetings would be at the hospital but to call first to see if there would be a meeting that week. The phone number was the hospital's main number and I got shuffled around, transfered to automated services etc. I never did find out if the meeting was happening or in what room. The groups in this area are so specific as to age, loss etc, it's frustrating. So, I've just been making my own way, with the help of this group, through the process. I think it's great that some of you have found good support groups.

Notify the Hospice in your area and try to email them...find out specifically where the meetings are held and stay with it because they are worth it...especially with Chrismas coming and how are we going to handle our new found grief..Find a nice person to help you and don't give up until you wrestle them to the floor...God bless you in your search...Rochel