Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Tired Of Making Decisions

Well I'm back from 15 days in Florida to get away from it all. Nice but now I'm back to phone calls to lawyers, decisions to sign off a release, Now Duke's sisters have surveyed the Family land and the stakes go right through my swimming pool. Oh my Duke said "it's all Moretti land" don't worry. It's so cold what his sisters are doing. The Grampa hasn't died yet but there cleaning the house next to me. I have lived next door to my inlaws for all our married life, taken care of them, and now that the sister is taking care of her Dad she is charging him for everything she does for him, etc. Initially we had a living trust set up so I didn't think they could remove anything but I don't know if they have had a new one written. The grampa is 92 and is in and out of memory loss. So I sit saying how unfair they are but I am too emotional right now to talk sanely to lawyers. I just start crying and want to run away. I'm catching up on some new posts and will try to contact each new member. My love and prayers to all right now

How unfair! You shouldn't have to be worrying about things like this right now.

I read your topic "Tired of Making Decisions" and could relate to that. The decisions that I face are nothing compared to yours. But, I do miss sharing the responsibility of decisions with Fred. I probably made most of the decisions anyway but he was there so I could bounce things off of him and I trusted his judgement. His shoulders were broad and he would always take responsibility for bad decisions I made or at least assure me that it was the right decision when I made it. Now, I have to shoulder them all myself and it's stressful. I miss his guidance and I miss him.

Dear jrm,

I know what you mean...I get tired of doing everything around here...I got crabby last night because when I was balancing the checkbook that got so behind because of my hubands death..I found out that our credit card was cancelled because he was the major card holder...Now, I have to wait for them to call me and qualify all over again with the new income social security etc. It sucks...anger on top of grief...yard work was shared along with the housework..We shared our love and duties and it worked out beautifully, now I procrastinate in taking care of anything here.....We also had very good communication and lots of laughs, none of that here...I miss my friend, my buddy and my pal...just want to vent...thanks for listening.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow - sounds like a horrible situation. It is really awful when people take advantage of the elderly. Wish I had some sage advice, but all I can do is keep you and the Grampa in my prayers.

Korina

jrm - Hire yourself a real estate attorney and let him/her handle all of this for you. Tell the lawyer right away about the survey and that the case involves property line issues? There are laws in many states that cover the situation where someone has been inadvertently using the property of another for many years.

jrm,

I agree you need to find a real estate attorney. You don't need the added stress of this situation, you have enough to deal with right now. It is unfortunate that some family members take advantage of certain situations. I hope everything works out for you.

Take care,

Kat