Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Positive Thought

Hi, everyone:

I haven't been online for a while as my parents and brother are in town for a visit (it is very nice to have more people in the apartment!). Anyhow, a friend sent this quote to me today, and I thought it would be nice to share:

'May today there be peace within. May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others. May you use the gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content with yourself just the way you are. Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us.'

:wub: to my Scott and everyone here.

Korina

Korina, the person who sent you that is a good friend and also "gets it" <3

I love especially the part about trusting that you are exactly where you should be along this journey. On this forum, reading other's blogs, I see the statement/question ... I'm not doing this or that yet. When should I/will I do this or that. God knows I have asked these questions time and time again. It is what it is, this beast ... we should never compare ourselves with others even if they share much of what we feel/do. Each one of us needs to accept that our loss is ours, our journey is ours, we are all different and therefore our grief journey differs.

I loved reading that your apartment is full and happy.

Scott loves you my friend, take care of yourself

xx

Korina - a friend sent this very poem to me a couple of months ago, and it really spoke to me. I've found that, for me, one of the nasty side effects of grieving is comparing where we are, to where everybody else is. I guess it's innate in humans, but it made a bad situation worse. Like I'm not abiding by the widow's manual, or something. I mean, were we, any of us, alike before our spouses died? Of course not - we're individuals. And we're individuals in our grief as well. It's just that this is a hard and sad journey that cries out for support from others, like a life raft. It's good to re-affirm to ourselves that we're doing the best that we can. Hugs, Marsha