Grief Healing Discussion Groups

This month has been the hardest one ever!!! We had our annivarsary on Sat, celebrated the kids birthday on Sunday, His mother turned 89 on Nov. the 6th and our son was released from prison on Thursday!!! Now Thanksgiving is upon is and i am dreading it I had planned on going to Atlanta to be with my daughter and her inlaws but my sons asked if i could please stay and spend it with them so I am staying here in Phx but will be leaving to Atlanta the 1st part of Dec to spend some time with my daughter...This Sunday is the Hospice holiday celebration and i got the invitations and was trying to ignore them but my mother in law wanted him included so i submitted his picture and will be attending it on Sunday I am not excited but know i have to face reality and that is that he will not be here to spend this holiday season with us!!! It makes me so sad but I am trying to stay positive...Thank you for listening

Lucia,

My husband also passed at a Hospice facility. They just had their "Celebration of Life". I was very hesitant about attending but I was glad I went. I'm not going to lie, it was very emotional ..... especially when they did the slide show. It actually made me feel good the way they honored everyone that they cared for. I went with the attitude that if it was too much for me, I could leave. I stayed and I am glad I did. I would suggest you have someone go with you for support. I found that helped. I don't think I could have done it alone.

Take care,

Kat

Hi Kat,

What did you take to honor your hubby to "Celebration of Life"??? I have been thinking of going if I can make the time...I'm leaving for Cali the end of next week...I'm glad that you went...did you have someone go with you for support??? After this grief trip in my life...I sure would go with somebody for support...Hospice was wonderful to Bob and now they are helping me with bereavement issues...one on one counseling and group counseling...Have a good evening Kat...Rochel

Rochel,

I was planning on taking Pat's LSU baseball cap that he wore all the time. Our son graduated

last December from there and he was so proud of him. Unfortunately, I forgot it at home.

Sometime I don't know where my mind is. I did remember to send in pictures for the slide show. My cousin and Pat's youngest brother came with me. They were there to put their arms around me when I cried... and I did cry. Actually, there wasn't a dry eye in the place. But that was okay. Everyone there knew what the other person was going through.

I was thinking about contacting Hospice regarding one on one counseling. Do you think it is helping? I am going to group counseling but I think I might need more.

I hope you have a good trip.

Take care,

Kat

My Dear Kat,

I bet that was tough everybody crying...but how neat that the boys were holding you up...bless them huh!!...I totally recommend one on one counseling with a Hospice counselor...It is somebody to just let it all out, like we do here...In fact, they really recommend this site and to give out and take in as much as you can...Hospice has been a wonderful experience even though it has been the worse experience of my life...They are very qualified and will listen to your heart and be there for you like we are for eachother at this forum family..This is my spot to fall instead of tv...I get more out of here than anywhere else...I feel your hurt in many ways...be good to yourself..and Bless you, Rochel

Boy, Christmas without Scott is going to be, well, so so so so sad. But I will try to find some joy as it will be our daughter's first. I will be spending Christmas with my inlaws, and New Years with my family. I couldn't make it if I wasn't with them. I hope being with family helps you.

Take care,

Korina

Korina,

Your family is a major blessing in your life...I'm so glad you have them and they are a comfort instead of a stress....Hugs, Rochel

rochel i don't know if you are going to the celebration on Sunday hope you do go..But I just wanted to let you know that i have submitted Ben's picture and my sons and grandsons and I will honor Ben by wearing his hats...He loved his hats so all of us will be wearing one of his hats that night...I am not sure how i am going to react but I know i have to do something to honor him during the holidays not just spend them crying I will be spending the holidays with family and i know that will help but that is not going to take the pain away.

Hi Lucia,

I did not hear about the celebration...Most likely I will be getting ready to start packing for my trip to Calie...I have to start early in the game because I'm not clearly thinking these days because of this loss...Thanks for letting me know though...Maybe I will hear about it in the mail today....All of you will look cute in his hats...sounds like wonderful sons....Bless you, Rochel