Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Is This Normal?

Hi I was just wondering if anyone has had shaking with their hands?tossing and turning all night in bed,its been almost 6months every morning im shaky with my hands and sometimes my body is shaky when laying down.I miss my husband so much its so unfair why me.us,my son gets upset cause he sees my hands shaking and tells me not to drink coffee but i only have 2 c.then cereal for breakfast,please let me know if this is normal thank you all for listening.my prayers are with you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-kimi

Hi Kimi,

I can't say that I have shaking hands but I definitely toss and turn a lot during the night. You may be experiencing anxiety which clearly goes along with this grief journey. What happens to me is I start to get this chilled feeling in my arms and legs and then I begin to hyperventilate. I know this is the beginning of panic attacks and I've been able to work through them.

Have you talked with a counselor or your doctor? It might be worthwhile to check into it. I've also learned that there is nothing "normal" about this greif journey. The best I can do is make sure I'm not experiencing anything totally abnormal or harmful. Otherwise, we have unique experiences but there is much that we can share.

I feel for you in my heart. My prayers are with you. Be gentle on yourself and face this new life one small step at a time. You are not alone. Hugs.

Peace, love, and blessings,

Linda

Hi Kimi,

I think with grief anything or anyway our bodies react is normal, however the shaking after coffee and just cereal could be a blood sugar problem...You may have low-blood sugar...Try to eat just protein and cut down to 1 cup...I know easier said than done...If you have your blood test done, then you will know and can rule out some things...I know about the tossing and turning....I'm right with you missing my husband...I can't journal lately because when I write out my feelings I get so down in the dumps I have to lie down...be good to yourself Kimi....Rochel