Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Missing The Hugs

Weird how it hits you out of no where. I was just sitting here, watching TV, and I suddenly really missed hugging my dad. I remember when we used to crack up over some joke, and I'd give him a big hug. I don't know how to make myself feel better. Hug a stuffed animal. Hug a friend. Hug a pillow. Hug a relative. They don't work. :( Nothing really beats a hug from my dad. He gave the best ones.

hi emptyinside,

I too miss my Dad's hugs, there's nothing in the world like that comfort. My Dad's brother gives me a big one everytime he visits, sometimes I want to push him away coz my Dad's hug is all I want and other times I never want him to let go. Like you said nothing beats a Daddy hug. just sucks without him

hugs !

Weird how it hits you out of no where. I was just sitting here, watching TV, and I suddenly really missed hugging my dad. I remember when we used to crack up over some joke, and I'd give him a big hug. I don't know how to make myself feel better. Hug a stuffed animal. Hug a friend. Hug a pillow. Hug a relative. They don't work. :( Nothing really beats a hug from my dad. He gave the best ones.

Hi Emptyinside:

I really understand how you feel. I miss my mother's presence and especially her hugs. No one can take the place of our loved ones. I sometimes think that my mother is still alive, although, I understand that she passed away and I accept it, but, sometimes I forget. I ask God to let me see my mother in my dreams and I've had dreams of my mother and father often. Sometimes these dreams are a comfort in some way. It is difficult to deal with the loss of our loved ones. We need to have faith that our loved ones are safe and happy and we will be happy and comforted in time.

glad to see you again online.

take care,

James

Strange but I do not remember my dad ever hugging me. But that is a long story I will not go into. But my mom, God I miss her. She hugged us enough to make up for the lack of hugs from my dad. She was the perfect mom. We never, ever had to wonder if we were loved. We were loved more than we deserved. Thank you, Mom, for giving your love to us.