Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Today was such a bittersweet day. First of all it was suppose to be sunny and in the low 70's and it's gloomy, rainy and in the low 60's. My daughter is graduated from the masters program and it should be such a happy time but it is making me miss Tom so much. I was a little boo hooey to begin with and then they asked all the parents to stand up and he should have been there too. Then at the party to see all the couples dancing to songs we used to dance to. I know I wouldn't have been able to dance this time anyway just coming off of knee surgery but it still didn't matter. Then they played "We are Family" and that was kind of his song because he had 9 sisters and I just totally lost it. I am just missing him so much. I know it's been almost 2 1/2 years but I don't care it still hurts like H---.

I don't think I will ever get over this.

Bittersweet for me also today mig.

I am attacking things 'head on' and doing things we did and going places we went with a getting back on the horse attitude.Today I went to the shopping mall where we used to buy June's "diet shakes" every couple of weeks and then to the picnic park by the local river where we used to take the grandchildren.As I stood on the car-park and visualised where June had one of her last attempts at a walk I could also see them loading people onto the "Nepean Belle" riverboat where my daughter held her wedding reception 4 years ago.

All take care.

Frank...

I wouldn't trade the love we had for anything, either! And this weekend has sucked for me, as I made big strides in changing his office into and office/bedroom combo for Kailyn, making room for a roomate (financial realities). I still have a headache from crying...I miss him terribly.... :wub:

Korina

Sometimes you come to this post and something just hits you ......................tonight it was "the price we are paying for loving someone".........how true....I too would not have missed the deep and lasting love even if knew I would loose him too soon and have such pain and saddness. Thanks for yet another lesson

Korina, I'm sorry. Sometimes we are forced to make changes in order to survive, but it really sucks. Still, I'm glad you can have that option and I hope it turns out to be a blessing.

My time with Tim was so precious and I wouldn't of traded it for the world. I often think of the times we spent together and although it usually makes me cry they are wonderful memories. Someday I hope I can face things without crying but if I can't, it's ok, because I loved him so very much.

Chris