Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Dad Has Surgery Tomorrow

He will be having a hole drilled into his skull to implant a port for chemo to treat the cancer that has gone to his brain. I will be there by my mom and dads side tomorrow, but I am very nervous about it. It is very scary to me and I just want to make sure he is in no pain.

These headaches he has been experiencing have been so painful he said they are almost more painful than his chest was when we found out about his cancer.

I am so sick of saying the word cancer I could scream. I hate that word so much. It is kind of exhausting to even talk about anymore. I just want my dad to feel better.

I am just so scared and sad for my dad about tomorrow.

Guest Robert27

:( Hi

I am sorry your haveing to go threw this with your dad,

I will pray for your dad tonight and tomorrow that everything will go well,

I will also remeber your dad and hold him up in prayer at Church Saturday

Night, I will put him on prayer request.

I wish there was something I could do to help you more but I'll do what I can.

I'll pray for you too that you'll have strengh to get threw this.

robert

Hi Sheiss,

I am so sorry for what your dad is going through, I will keep you all in my prayers and ask God to help you through these difficult days that you are going through ... Shelley

Thank you all for your beautiful replies and prayers. Sometimes I just get so tired of all of this. I try to remain proactive and positive but I have found it to be quite hard these past couple weeks. His "good" days seem to be few and far in-between. It may seem selfish, but I am so tired of all of this. I know he is even more tired than I am I just think I have come to a point where even mustering up tears is hard and tiring. So tomorrow I will be there with my mom and my dad and I will try my hardest to ease any discomforts or nervousness he has.

Again, Thanks all for listening. It helps that I have you!

Much love and hugs!!

Sharla

hi Sharla, so sorry for all the pain and suffering your beloved Dad and family and you are going through. I hope the surgery goes well today.

I'm sure it would be such a relief to see his pain eased so hopefully he will get some relief from it.

hugs, love and comfort to you during this awful tough time

niamh,

Sharla,I too will be thinking of you and your dad all day.I'm so sorry for you and your family,and your poor,sweet dad.I hope it all goes well today,and you are so strong for being there for him.luck and love sent your way.

Thank you LouLou and Niamh!

His surgery is today at 3:00. I am taking off work early to be with him. I barely got sleep last night. My stomach was in knots and I just feel sick. I will keep everyone posted on what happens. I love you all and thank you for being here with me during this time!

Sharla

Sorry I have not been on. I have been taking care of a lot for my mom and for my younger sister. Running her to and from places, bringing my mom new clothes up at the hospital and making sure my younger sister is eating dinner and has lunch money at school.

My dad's surgery went fine. It was so sad because they had to take him off of his pain medicine and after the surgery they could not give him anything because it was technically brain surgery and they needed him to be awake and aware so they could ask him questions every hour. But I got to see him yesterday and he looked as good as he can be for his situation. They gave him his medicine and he seemed to be in good spirits even. I was looking at him yesterday and I just noticed how thin he has become since he has been sick. He almost looks frail. It truly bothered me. I wanted to cry because they dad I remember was active and strong and now he is not.

He is still here though and that is what I focus on these days. I have been very tired as of late. I am almost so tired I do not want to get out of bed. I can sleep for 10 hours and I wake up exhausted. I find myself really liking sleep anyway. UGH! Thank goodness it is Friday... I really don't think I have the patients for my work for another day this week.

Guest Robert27

Hi Sharla

I wanted to let you know I have been Praying for your dad, and I have been keeping you in my prayers too,

God bless you, and just remeber We are all wishing you nothing but the very best!

Take Care friend.

Sharla hun, I am glad to hear your Dad's surgery went fine and good to hear he is in good spirits. I only wish we could all get real true comfort from what we have to deal with in life.

I hear you on the friday thing, I am already waiting for this friday to come.

sending you lots of love and hugs hunny, :wub:

niamh