Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I'm Just Starting This Long Journey Alone

it's only just begun for me,when i read some of the other posts.

My Danny Was Truly My Soul Mate

i miss him more each day,it's only been 2 wks but as the numbness has started to fade the pain of loosing him

is like loosing my soul.he loved me as no one else has,his hugs were my lifeline each day.we spent endless mornings

together starting our day & we could talk or just sit side by side and say nothing.

i can't talk with family members on how i'm feeling ,they just say it will take time. i need to express my feelings to someone

that knows what i'm feeling.

I'm so sorry for your loss! Believe me when I say everyone here knows what your feeling. It has been 6 weeks for me. And I still go crazy at times. It helps to vent here, because everyone does understand.

Dear Abby,

I am so sorry that you are having to go through the pain of losing a loved one. It is the hardest thing that I have ever done, and I know that two weeks into your grief, you won't believe that it gets easier..but it does. Lars has been gone almost seven months and I am able to look back on our time together (43 years) knowing that we loved each other and were best friends. Our time was special, as every couples time is, that is what you have to try and focus on.. the happy times.

You didn't say how long you were together,how did you lose him, or if you have children? I understand if you're not ready to share, but as Joe said, we all know the pain and emptiness you are feeling.

Just do things that you want to do, try to get proper nutrition and sleep when you can. Let your emotions out whenever you have to.. if you cry in the grocery store.. who cares! Take one day at a time and if that's too hard, take one hour at a time. Don't set a time limit on your grief. Maybe you can find a bereavement group or counsillor, if that's not an option then maybe some books would help. There are hundreds to choose from in libraries and book stores.

I hope you begin to feel a bit better soon.

Hugs to you,

Lainey

Edited by MartyT
Link inserted

Danny & i were together 23 yrs,july 9th would have been our 19th anv.

he had Leukemia,he suffered the last 2 mos.

my memories are of his suffering & pain,even though we had many beautiful yrs

i hurt so much remembering the good times brings me to a place where the pain of his loss is unbearable.

thank you for the words of support,i'm praying as time goes by i can remember the fond memories.

Abby,

I'm sorry you lost your Danny. While it's true that it takes time, that doesn't help you in the here and now. I'm glad you found this site, there's a lot of other folks going through the same thing and this is a very caring place to be. We welcome you to come back any time, it's a good way to fill those lonely tear-filled middle-of-the-nights. And it helps to get it out and express it. We're all here for you.

Dear Abby, We all cry for you and understand your pain. You are not alone. Grief is a club no one wishes to join and only those that are members will ever understand. I hope the words here can help you through the sadness. You are courageous to reach out. Let us know how we can help. I find comfort here because the words I read mirror my own pain and help me feel less crazy. I have heard wonderful advice from those who are farther along the path. It gives me hope for the future. I wish you peace and a big hug. Cheryl

Tomorrow will be nine weeks that I lost my wonderful husband. There are no words that bring any lasting comfort. At least we know there are other people who are going through the same thing and really do understand. I am so sorry for your hurt and loss.

Redwind

Abby I am so very sorry for the loss of your husband. I am rateful, however, that you found this site as soon as you did, it will help you through your emotions, be a place to vent and a place to know you are not going crazy. I found this site on Xmas Eve when my husband had been gone 10 months to the day and would have loved to have found it sooner.......come often an d share your thoughts and feel what you feel....take care of yourself.