Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Sunday Is The Hardest Day

it will be 3 wks monday since my loving husband died.

Sundays are so long for me,it's a family day & i feel only half of me

is still here.

i guess being alone is something i have to get use to,i don't feel like pretending

life will get better in time,my life will never be filled with the joys of having this wonderful man in my life.

i just don't know what i'm suppose to do now,i miss him more each day.

I know exactly what you mean! I don't want to sit at home alone, but I don't have the heart to get out and do anything. Corrine died 6 weeks ago. It doesn't seam to get any easier. I just can't wrap myself around the thought that I will never hold her or hear her sweet voice again. It is the worst sort of nightmare, but, I am awake.

I also feel so alone. I don't think I will ever be happy again. I look around and it seems that the entire world revolves around "couples" and families. I lost my darling husband on April 24, and my closest family member is 500 miles away. I don't think I will ever stop missing him. I don't think my heart will ever heal.

Sundays are rough for me as well Ruth joined the Lord on Sunday 2/14/2010 just before daybreak...I remember so vivid watching her pass into a painfull series of things in ER and then after I made choices and carried out her wishes to not be on life support, she was moved to ICU where I spent the last hours with her and watched her pass into the arms of God before my very eyes, she knew I was there but could not speak and after her last heartbeat I kissed her and told her I'd see her in heaven when God wanted, and to save me a place, her heart produced 2 more strong beats so I know she heard me, I said what I needed to say and told her I'd see her later as I never said gooodbye to her even when leaving for work, but as I focus on things and put my trust in God my life is changing yet again, and I'm just following my heart and God and living each day one at a time, and easy does it...and always praying for fellow friends here that we all may find comfort and answers....

NATS

The way I survived those early weeks was by just putting one foot in front of the other, no expectations other than knowing the pain was going to be there for a long time (in fact, I don't believe it ever goes away; rather it becomes bearable and part of you). Make sure you eat, even though it may be the last thing you feel like doing, as you will need your strength.

Nats, I asked Scott several times to wait for me and save me a spot (he was on life support); though we never spoke about him dying before he went onto life support, partly because he was moved to the ICU very suddenly and I don't believe I was really accepting it, though I knew in my mind he was very sick; and partly because his lapse to life support was very quick (one day).

Korina