Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I Feel So Alone

Kat2005

Today was the day that I never wanted to see come. My precious Cocoa passed away this afternoon. He lived a very full and loved life of eighteen years. It is just so hard. Just over a year ago I had to say goodbye to my wonderful husband and soulmate and now my precious Cocoa is gone. I feel so alone. I know he is in a better place and he didn't seem to suffer and I should be grateful for that. I know my husband was there with open arms waiting for him and I am glad that they are now together. I just feel so lost. I never thought I could feel so alone as I do now.

Kat

Oh Kat, I am so sorry! I lost my husband five years ago and was so devastated I made a huge mistake and married a man who turned out to be a con artist and took me for everything and then some. I lost my dog at the same time. A few months later I decided I was better off with dogs so I got another one, and this one has totally stole my heart. I cannot ever imagine losing him. I know it'll happen someday, and I really wouldn't want it to be the other way around, I want to be here for him all of his life, but I dread the day it happens. I can only imagine how you are feeling right now. I am glad you are trying to look on the bright side and know that your husband is welcoming your dog with open arms. Please know he will take good care of him until the day you can all be reunited again.

Kay

Hi Kat,

I am so sorry for your loss. If you want some company in misery world I am right there with you. 15 weeks ago today my Harley passed away and I have been devestated. It is so hard to loss a 4 legged companion. I am sorry you are dealing with multiple losses. There are some great people and ideas and thoughts on these message boards so you have come to the right place. I wish I had something to say that would make it easier, but I know there isn't anything. Hang in there, I hope you find a small amount of peace in the coming weeks. Big hugs your way, Elizabeth

Dear Kat I will join in and say I am sad also. My friend committed suicide last May 2009, I lost my dad Oct 4 My beloved Rocky, by accident and let him out he was only 2 (a black tux cat )and I promised him we would grow old together, (we won't) He was hit by a car Jan 15, and my sister died of cancer March 14, I cry every every day I read all of these posts and am too sad to post. I have had a tough year, now my son who is 19 is going to college Aug 18, I am really sad becaus we are very very close.He will be playing basketball and will not be able to come home like regular kids, My daughter 21 comes home and fights with me all day I cant wait til she goes back to college. I thought I would feel a bit bettr by now, but I was up until 4 am last night crying, you are not alone in your sadness. We have book Clubs, Athletic Clubs, every kind of club you can think of , Welcome to the Sadness Club.

I cant seem to cancel my membership, they keep me on, whether i like it or not.

I hope you start to try to feel better, I had cats and dogs die after a long happy life, you did a good job and he must have been very happy just as your husband. Time will heal you. When mine died after a long life I was sad for a while but knew I gave them my best and loved them vey much. That made sense to me and I felt better. It was nature and bound to happen we all die, but when they are taken quickly and unexpectedly I realize that it is a terrible guilt left on your heart, as I have left on mine.

Take care, i will be thinking of you

Elaine m

OMG Elaine, this is too much! I am so sorry. Your luck just has to turn around, you've had way more than your share! (((Hugs)))

Kay

• 1 month later...

Kayc,

You were absolutely right. I really didn't want to get attached to another pet. I didn't want to face the loss again. I then looked at the pros and cons of getting another dog and the pros definitely out weighed the cons. I adopted an adorable 1-1/2 year old female. Like yours she has stolen my heart and the love and companionship is priceless.

Take care, Kat

Kat, I am so happy for you! Adopting Arlie was the best thing I ever did. I had to pay to have the pen roofed, a doghouse built, and he ate my couch, carpet, rugs, countless shoes, slippers, wall hangings, candles, a book I hadn't gotten to read yet (incidentally, on Boundaries, LOL!), my son's MP3 player, over 100 hand made cards, etc. etc. and you know what? All that is just "stuff" and isn't nearly as important as my dog. He was very sick when I got him so there were vet bills. (God Bless Lane County Animal Services!) and he wasn't housebroken, so there were many clean ups, but you know what? We got through all that and I totally adore this dog. I'll share my pictures if you share yours!

post-914-128467411247_thumb.jpg

post-914-128467404043_thumb.jpg

post-914-128467406197_thumb.jpg

post-914-128467408345_thumb.jpg

post-914-128467409732_thumb.jpg

He smiles ALL the time (except when he's super sick). That's why I love coming home to him! And he's so fun to watch! He plays, he throws a ball, runs after it, catches it, teases, he's just a lot of fun. He is my delight in life. And he's big enough to hold.

Kayc,

Arlie is adorable. I am enjoying Mia so much. When I lost Cocoa, I knew if I ever got another dog I wanted another poodle. Cocoa was a miniature. So I decided to look for a rescue poodle but could not find one that I liked. So I went online and look at poodle breeders. I just so happened to find a breeder not too far away that was giving it up and was looking for good homes for her adult dogs. I actually adopted her youngest adult. Mia is 1-1/2 years old and has had only one puppy. She had her fixed and had gotten all her shots for me before I picked her up. She is also crate trained and potty trained. It took her about a week to adjust to her new surroundings. She has definitely made herself at home.

I would love to post some pictures of her but I need a quick lesson on how to do it. I am pretty dumb when it comes to computers.

Take care, Kat

I would love to post some pictures of her but I need a quick lesson on how to do it. I am pretty dumb when it comes to computers.

If you're using a digital camera, plug the cable in to your computer and it will undoubtedly bring up a program for you to save the pictures to your computer...you can rename the files what you want so you don't have to write down all the number is gives it, and you can also tell it where to save it, but you can use it's default place too if you want, just pay attention to what folder/pathway it's going too. Then click on "attach this file" and it will give you the option of browsing your computer...look for the file you saved and click on it, then add reply.

Kayc,

Thanks! I was confused with the insert image on the toolbar at the top. You gave great instructions. I really don't have too many pictures of her yet. She is alittle afraid of the flash on the camera so when I go to take her picture she turns her head away. Hope you can see what she looks like.

Kat

post-13398-128491695199_thumb.jpg

post-13398-128491696816_thumb.jpg

post-13398-128491723972_thumb.jpg

She's cute! She has such pretty markings! I love the black face!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Kat. I feel your loss. I really do and I am so very sorry. I lost my little Turbo this morning and I am inconsolable. He was my little 8 year old black rescued miniature poodle that loved every minute of life. Early yesterday morning I awoke to the sound of my wife screaming for him to come to her. Then, the sound of his voice, howling in agony as the much larger mixed breed that someone was walking bit down on him and crushed his little 9 lb. body. He lost his battle for life at 0758 this morning. Everything that could be done for him was done. No expense was spared. However it only bought him 26 hours more. How special was he?? The Vet at the excellent emergency treatment center we took him to teared up as he passed away this morning. She apologized. God bless her. There will never be another Turbo. I feel every bit of your pain and sorrow Kat. And I am truly sorry.