Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Another Test Of Faith?

As I stated in my previous post, I lost my husband of 40 years to cancer 4 years ago and then my fiance died of cancer 8 months ago. A few months before my husband died we moved from our home of 30 years to a retirement community that was close to our only child and grandchildren. Now my little family has to move to another state for one year to fulfill a military obligation. I am trying to be strong and present a positive attitude for my family's sake. I know they know how much this is hurting me. I am struggling to stay active, but find there are days when I can't seem to get anything done. Something as simple as doing the dishes seems like an enormous chore and, why bother? There will be more dishes later. Some days I feel so selfish and weak, knowing there are families that face much more difficult situations. However, in my state of grief, I see their moving away as another form of loss. Thanks for listening.

Oh Faith! I'm so sorry to learn this upsetting news! Once again, you've been hit with something you did not seek and that is completely beyond your control. How powerless this must make you feel! This is, indeed, another loss for you, and if you're like most of us, it may reawaken all those feelings associated with your past losses ~ all that stuff you may have thought you'd already put to rest. It may feel as if someone has torn the scab off a wound in your heart that has barely begun to heal. I just want you to know that whatever you're feeling about this is normal and completely understandable. Please know that we are here to listen and to support you as you work your way through this latest challenge

Faith Full,

I'm sorry you are facing yet another loss...is there anyone in your retirement community that you are close to? Have you considered doing something like babysitting to involve yourself around others? Sometimes being around children can be so uplifting. Or maybe some form of volunteer work. I know that anything I suggest right now will probably ring hollow, nothing is the same as just plain having your fiance back and you've suffered so many losses, I know what that is like. It will take some time but eventually you'll find your own path...just as I am also once again trying to find mine. Keep coming here, we need each other!

Kay

Hi Faith,

I am so sorry for all you have been through, I know the feeling of trying to keep busy and saying why, who cares, but it is something that will keep us going, I am sorry that your family is moving, that is another loss and you have a right to feel the way you do, I hope that you find some peace,

god bless

karen