Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Seven Months Of Missing Him

It has been seven months since Tim passed away. I'm at work trying to make it through the day and not really wanting to be here. I'm sure no one here knows what I'm going through or if they would even understand. I have to admit that every day gets a little easier, but I just miss him so very much!! We were always together so everywhere I look there is a memory. Sometimes those memories bring smiles and sometimes tears. I still cry driving home from work because I know he will not be there. I miss his goodbye in the morning and the smile on his face when I walked through the door at night. He always told me how much he missed me when I was at work. Our marriage wasn't perfect, we had our ups & downs, but we were good together. We had so many things we wanted to do when I retired and sometimes I get so mad about that being taken from us. I never realized this would be such a hard journey but I know with his and Gods help I can make it through it, I know we all can. I guess I've rambled on enough. I just had to share my thoughts with people that would understand. Thank you for listening.

Chris

Chris, oh how I understand!!! My loss is still so recent. About 10 days ago. He was only 29. But it makes me feel so much better to hear from those who have been down this road and can confirm the pain does lessen a little. My marriage wasn't perfect either, but we were still just fine. I so wish I could rewind all this and bring Ajay back. I also grieve for the many plans we had together that will never pan out now. It seems so impossible but I guess we have to take it one day at a time. I know that sounds so clique', but it really is the only way I know how to handle this.

Chris, not only do I understand, I could have almost written exactly the same post as you did. I lost my husband a little over 7 months ago. It does get a little easier every day, but I still miss him every day, and cry some days driving home from work, because I know he won't be there. We had so many travel plans for retirement, and now I have to plan for one. It seems so unfair, he was only 62. But no one ever said life is going to be fair, did they. We take it now, just one day at a time, and we are getting through this, we will get through this, but we don't have to like it. Never would have dreamed the pain would go on so long, but then I had never been in exactly this situation before. Good thoughts and prayers for all of us.

Mary (queeniemary) in Arkansas

I too could have written your post. It has been almost 6 months and I wonder will I ever be truly happy again. I am tired of running around and keeping busy. I miss the quiet time with my husband when no one had to speak, and the contentment was there.

Yup, much of your experience mirrors mine, as well. I miss being part of a team, and I miss talking to him - he always had such interesting things to say, and his thought process was just so creative.

Korina

Chris,

That is what I'd felt too...George and I were always together when we weren't working, so it was hard. It was a long time before I could get groceries because that was something we'd always done together. It was painful to mow the lawn or wash the car cuz he'd always done that and it just felt like a reminder that I no longer had that person to look after me and care about me.

It does get somewhat better with time, and seven months isn't that far out, you are doing well considering, but I know it's tough, people don't see the tears you cry when you're alone, or feel the emptiness inside of you.

(((hugs)))

Kay

Your post is one that I think most of most everyone here knows just how you feel. Tomorrow is 4 months since my husband joined our son in heaven. You wonder how you will survive, you wonder who you are now when you were one of a pair and now the other half is no longer there. I have not figured out for sure how to be just one person alone here in this house.