Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Is This Crazy?

Not strange. I did the opposite. I made our king bed the guest room. I took two twins(new) and made it a king in the master bedroom. I sleep on them. Every now and then on a rainy stormy day. I sleep on our old bed(really rather new since we bought it up here when we moved here). I remember naps to calm the dogs nerves when it storms. All of us would snuggle till the rain slowed down. I feel no discomfort from the idea just wanted to start a new pattern to move forward/no on but forward from a sad time. LindaKay

Anthony,

I think it's very sweet you would want your Mom close like this. When my Dad died, my neice took his pillow to sleep on because it smelled like him and she felt closer to him. I think it's a beautiful gesture.

I, on the other hand, cannot bear to look at anything that belonged to my Mother(she passed away in June). I kept quilts she made but I just can't bring myself to use them yet. It sounds to me like you have a very healthy way of dealing with your grief. Avoiding it, like I'm doing, is not the way. I'm hoping with time I can face things better.

You ARE NOT crazy! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. No one grieves the same way and no one knows what it's like until the've lost a loved one.

Take care Anthony.

fondly,

Charlotte