Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Its been almost 7 months since I lost my Dan, I always have this need to yell from the highest mountain what an amazing man Dan was , we met when we were 14 the time never seemed right for us as I had a boyfriend or he had a girlfriend but we were still always together. He was my best friend and when I married he was an usher at my wedding. My marriage lasted 20 years and unfortunately was not what it should of been, when we seperated Dan was the first person I wanted to rekindle with. It was as if no time had passed and things happened what seemed to others as very quickly.

We shared 10 months together in which time I was the happiest Ive ever been in my entire life. Such a wonderful feeling to be in a relationship with someone that you truely love , he was such a thoughtful man always thinking of others and me before himself, he used to say to me " whatever makes you happy hun". We had made so many exciting plans for our future, first to be married and down the road buying a small house outside the city. With everything we had both been through in our lives we never took each other for granted . We both knew how much the other appreciated and loved the other and for that I am truely greatful. I miss Dan so much its sometimes crippling. I am thankful to God for the wonderful time we had together. But sometimes I feel cheated, feeling I was robbed of precious time with my amazing Dan. I read postings some have wrote about how they were together for years and find myself kind of jealous. I try not to be but I wish we had more time. I hold the belief that we will be together again, very close to my heart. Sometimes I think that God just gave Dan and I a preview of how wonderful it will be in heaven.

I m soooo thankful to you all and to this site for giving me a place to just say whatever is in my heart and for also letting me know that I am not alone. As bad as I feel for those of you who are suffering as I am ,,,, I do take comfort in knowing you are there. God bless you all!

Danosgirl, Im alot further along on this journey so I dont post too much! But Im going to say that I wish I would have had this site as early as you have found it! The people here seem wonderful and caring! I come here to remind myself Im not crazy for still missing my Larry soooo much! Plus I can see that Ive slowly am surviving this! Even if its very slow! Its not that way for everyone! It will be 4 years in June which I think is why Im having so much trouble lately. Sometimes it feels like it just happened! It was so sudden I never saw it coming! Massive heart attacks due that! I was with him for 30 years! I loved him beyond words!!! Anyway keep posting and taking it day by day! I pray for all of us on this site that we didnt ask to be here but Thank God its here! Hugs Cris

Chris, thank you for your kind words. I really hope that it being a longer period of time that has passed since you lost Larry doesnt keep you from posting as I take comfort in reading everyones experiences . Losing Dan for me is not something Im trying to "get over" as some in my life have put it. He is the love of my life and if anything I like the knowing that even after time has passed my love for him will still be strong. I know that its a terribly hard journey that we are on but feel like the old saying "that which doesnt kill us makes us stronger" is true, thank you again and please continue to post and keep talking about Larry. Barb

It's not always the length of time, but the quality. My George and I only knew each other 6 1/2 years, were married for only 3 years 8 months, but he was my soulmate, the love of my life, my best friend, he was everything to me. I understand your feeling cheated because it seemed we'd waited all our lives to meet each other and then when we did, God took him away from me. But the fact is, rather than being cheated, I was so blessed to have met him, to have had him in my life, to have shared that little span of time with him. I look forward to being with him again, and the thing I want to do first when my life is over here is to have him hold me again.

I'm so sorry for your loss, this is the place you can come to and find others who understand.