Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Its Nearly Mothers Day

Well its nearly Mothers Day for me because I live in England and it falls on April 3rd. Now I feel really uncomfortable about going up to the cemetery and I don't know why. In November it will be 3 years since she died. I don't know whether to write a note or what to her on Mothers day, it all seems really weird for me.

What should I do?

Hi Amy

I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear Mom. Those days are tough,last year was my first Fathers Day without him. I did actually buy a card and wrote to my Dad,i left it at th cemetery for a week or so and then took it away to keep.

I also got one at Christmas. My Dads birthday will be on April 15th and again I plan to get him a card.it's hard not to be able to give it to him in person but I still want to be able to buy a nice one,write something nice in it ....in the hope he can somehow see it.

I write in a journal too to him altho haven't been able to do it lately.all i can say is do what feels right for you,whatever you want to do is ok.

I used to go to Dad regularly (cemetery) but I haven't been able to since January,and I don't know why either because I want to but everytime I half plan to I find something else to do coz I just can't. (it's only 5mins from my house!). I hope I can go back soon,I always "liked" sitting there when the weather is good,makes me feel closer to him or something.

Anyways sending a comforting hug your way

Niamh

My thoughts are with you Amy and everyone else facing these special days without their parents. I was just thinking about this the other night. My mother's birthday is April 2nd. The day before my sister's birthday. My sister always come to visit during the week of her and my mother's birthday. But what are we going to do on Mom's birthday this year. Im still going to buy her a card. Mother's Day is going to be tough.

Thanks to all of you for your replys, I'm glad I found this forum.

I just wanna know why I feel weird/uncomfortable about anything to do with my Mother.

But I probably will write a note or something.