Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Hate This Time Of Year!

Happy Easter,

Lord, I hate this time of year. It's just one important date after another I have to get through without Dick.

April 15thwas my birthday, it sucked!!! He always made it such a sweet day.

Then we have Holy Week topped off with Easter. This year our son, Richard, played a role in our church's presentation of the Living Last Supper. Richard portrayed James. He did such a great job. His dad would have been so proud. I was just overwhelmed!!! Lots, and lots of blinking so I wouldn't just stream tears. Easter Sunday is about over and I am so very happy. It's been another long lonely day.

Our granddaughter is graduating from high school the middle of May. She will be the valedictorian. They were so very close and he would be beyond proud of her. It hurts to even She called last week to tell me that she just misses her Granddad and wanted me to know that. It's just hard and doesn't seem fair!

Now we get to look forward to Mother's Day followed quickly by our wedding anniversary. On Mother's Day, we always took a long drive and enjoyed the countryside green with Spring. Our anniversary meant so much to us, because we just loved each other. Hate It!!!

April, May and June are no big thrill for me. This too will pass, and I know I will survive, but no one can make we like it! So There! :(

Anne

The holidays and seasons of reminders are so hard without them. My time of year is the fall, starts in Sept. and goes downhill from there, one birthday, anniversary and holiday after another. My favorite time of the year has become one of dread. I know how you feel. Deborah

Oh Anne,

I am so sorry you had a sucky birthday! I understand, for George always made such a big deal out of mine, and every other holiday and event, the absence of him was palatable on my birthdays afterwards. (((hugs)))

I understand. My bad times are all spread through the year! April is the month I spent torn between work, the kids, and the hospital. (The hospital would have won more time, if I was told that he would not be around after that month!) Our anniversary is in August. My birthday is in June. His is/was in November. I have a hard time with all of the holidays, and I have thrown most of the traditions out the window. (Probably not good for the kids.) We do something completely different, so I dont think about being alone. We went to Six Flags for the Easter Weekend.

I am hoping that I get through these times better, quickly. It has been 2 years, and I cannot focus at work during any of these times.

Michelle

I wish that there were only certain times that made me feel bad, since year two has started every month is crappy. Year one seems like a dream, that dream is now reality and I hate it. Now I'm hoping year three gets better.

Lainey

Lainy, I am with you...I am now in year 2 and it is horrific. I walk around on the verge of tears as the reality of my loss and of my life all become so very real. Maybe year 3...or 5...or 8 will be better. Year 2 is not. You are not alone. mfh

So, I have survived Easter! Yippee! I forgot in my long list of hard dates that June 27th is our son's birthday. He will be 39 years old this year. He is really working on the chronic depression that haunts him daily. His dad would be so supportive. I try, but it's not the same. Richard gets impatient with me.

It's been three years and I think I am dealing pretty well. However, no one can make me like it! :)

Anne

Anne,

I am so sorry for the loss of Dick and you are so right about doing well.

I just wanted to comment on something that really struck me in your posts ..............."no one can make me like it", I just love that phrase so much, we do the best we can. I know I will ever get over losing my Dad, I just live with it and that's all there is to it, some days it's too much, other days I handle it as best I can, it is what it is and I'm still on this earth so for me that in itself is pretty dam good & I just could not agree more with no one can make me like it. We all do what we have to do, we are all surviving losing our loved ones but it doesn't mean we actually like it !

So thank you for the lovely simple phrase.

wishing you much peace and comfort,

Niamh