Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Nursing School

Hi All,

I am just making a quick note about my nursing school. I started on November 28, right off into terminology 350. We had 2 lessons a day starting the first day. Then the next day 1 test for each lesson, so 2 test per day. Today made the 13 and 14 final tests. I have scored 100% on all 14. Now on Monday we have our final exam on all 350 terms. I made my own way to learn and study by. It seems to work. We had about 3 1/2 hours to study today for the final. The last half hour I covered my answers and I only misses 6 terms. But it does not mean that I can let up at all. Last night I fell a sleep with my study guide and woke up at 2, turned off the light, took off my glasses, then was up at 4 to study more. I will keep you updated next week when we get our score on our final. We break for Christmas, our last day is the 15, but it is just a party day, everyone brings in food and things.

God Bless all of you, and Thank You all from the bottom of My Heart for all of Your support, through my journey of grief.

Dwayne

Good for you Dwayne. Your persistence is amazing. Good luck on these tests. Mary

Dwayne, I have to hand it to you, I don't know that I could do it! Keep it up!

Thank You, Mary, Marty, and Kay,

If not for the three of you in the beginning, I do not believe I could have come as far as I have, in this amount of time. I do it for Pauline, because I told her I would, but it was so hard in the early months and even now, from time to time. I am going to get some sleep now, because we do not have school on Fridays. My mind will be fresh for the morning studies.

Thank You, Go Bless

Dwayne

Dwayne

you are an inspiration to me.

When my fiance got sick, i took a leave of absense from nursing school, so that i could focus on taking care of him. When I was in class my mind wasn't there, so i figured let me take some time off and go back when he gets better. Well, he never got better, and unfortuately passed away in September. So, i'm still struggling with the idea of going back to school. My family thinks I should go back now, but they jsut don't understand that I'm not ready. I need some time. But, I know i do at some point want to go back. Just still do not know when. So you are my inspiration, that it can be done. I can go back when i'm ready, and try my best to succeed.

Thank you, and much luck to you in school.

Dear jwielg1017,

I am glad that I can inspire you to think about getting back into school. At 3 months, there was no way I could have taken on a task, like this. Just let yourself heal on the inside out, you will know when the time is right for you, or you may even decide to do something different. Nursing maybe to close to taking care of your fiance. I decided to go into nursing, because of all the years of care giving I gave to my wife, Pauline. She had so many different types of need over the years, I had to learn a lot of different things that the VNA would do, because Pauline did not like them in more than once a week. She would always say, Dwayne can take care of that just show him once. That's the way it went. So when you are ready you will know, just do not rush back, because you know, you need all your focus, and a lot of long hours, late night early mornings to study. So wait until you mind can focus and is sharp again, no matter what others say you should be doing now, you know yourself better than anyone. I wish you well, and God Bless

Dear Susie,

Thank you for your support and kind words. It is really all I know how to do is to try 100% at anything, any job, my marriage, life it self. If I do not get the 100 I will be ok with that, right now I am at 99% and I still have the rest of tonight and early morning. I know I will pass, I will do my best and if that gets me the 100% I LOVE it, Pauline will be smiling down from heaven telling them that's my Babe, never quits, never gives up when the going gets hard, he keeps on moving forwards.

Thank You Susie

God Bless

Dwayne

I took the final today, no I did not get a 100, I got a 98%. :) I missed 6 of the most easiest ones. I got distracted, why at that time they had to drag a table through the room I do not know. I lost my focus for a moment and that was that, but it is great to get 344 out 350 I am fine with that. When I started I was worried about keeping up with the younger people. Our teacher graded my exam last. I was the only one to score 100 on all 14 test. Everyone thought that I would on the final also. Over 50% of the class scored in the mid 80's only 4 were high than 90. So Life is good, :) I will get ready for the next part and work just as hard on it as I did on this. :)

God Bless

Dwayne

Congratulations....I would say you are doing an excellent job. Mary

Dear Mary,

Thank you, when I started I was not sure if I would be able to keep up with the younger generation. Now it is them that are tring to keep up with me. I just got home from choir practice. I am glad that the next part, which is anatomy starts after the Christmas break.

God Bless,

Dwayne

Dwayne, It was good to talk to you last night and hear your great news about your grades. My son got his grades last night and was delighted to learn he got straight A's...he'd been worried about some of the classes...the first semester he's tried going to school while having a GF that always wants to see him.

98% is still excellent, I'd be happy if I made 90%, not sure I could at this age! :) Congratulations!!!

Dear Kay,

It is always great to her your voice on the other end. Yes a 98 is great. My final grade for the class is a 99, so that is what goes on the record for the course. The combined score, test, and the final. I could not be any HAPPIER. It is nice to be on break now for a couple weeks. I can concentrate on my new song they gave us to learn.

God Bless

Dwayne