Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I Finished My Phlebotomy Finals Up

Hi Everyone,

It has been a long time sense I have been on to post a message. I just finished my Phlebotomy course today. I took my clinical final yesterday, and written final today. I have only been sleeping about 2 1/2 hours a night for the last 5 days. Last Wednesday I had to do a presentation in front of the class. I done my with power point on MS, Multiple Sclerosis, Thursday I had a test. Tuesday I had a test on the last 3 chapters, so you can see no time but to study. Yesterday I found out that I was one of 5 to get selected for our internship, starting next week. We have 20 students in my class. The only thing is I have to drive 75 miles one way, 5 days a week. So Monday morning I will be there at 7:00 AM . I am very blessed with my grades and a great teacher. It is very challenging, but worth while.

I also have been practicing for a play our church is having at the community college. I will sing in the last act of the play. We have 3 performances, 2 on Saturday March 24 and 1 on Sunday the 25. We spend about $25,000.00 on this play every year. This year it is an honor to be a part of it, and it is free to the public.

I also have my regular choir I do in church, so right now my brain feels like it is fried. It will be nice to do my internship, and get out of the books awhile. I have already had 2 job offers after I am done with my nursing school. It is already paying off. You just have to keep focused on your goal, and do not let anything stop you. Excesses are like noses, every one has one, but they can only stop you if you let them stop you. At 57, the oldest one in my class, and I am always either number 1 or 2 in class. Phlebotomy is very hard. I finished 4th in my class. I am VERY HAPPY with that.

I will try to make it on more often now. I miss you all very much, but had to make choices, and they have paid off.

God Bless, Wish all of you good health, and Happiness, in our new life, the lays before all of us. STAY STRONG

Dwayne

Dwayne,

Congratulations on being selected for internship! I am concerned about you overdoing it though, could you drop one of the choirs until you are out of school? 2 1/2 hours sleep/night is not good for anyone! When you burn the bridges at both ends, something suffers, I've been there and I was a lot younger then than you are now. Just concerned...

Dear Kay,

I thank you very much for your concern, but I am doing just fine. I feel like I am 29 again. :) I will be able to get much better sleep now. It will be like I was working before I quite my job to take care of Pauline. I have always been up at 4 for about 17 now. I do not even set a clock. If I go to sleep at 9 or 10, I will wake up at 1-2 am . Then not sleep again until the next night. It is just the way I am. If not for all the hard study, I would not be in the top part of the classes. It will pay off in the end. I already have had 2 job offers after I finish my school, just because of my grades I have been making. From here on my classes get easer for me, so I will not have to stay up so late to study. The hard part is over for now.

God Bless, My Dear Friend,

Dwayne

Hi Dwayne,

Ironic I was just thinklng of you the other day...I stop in for breif reviews these days and noticed you had not posted in some time...now I know why...GREAT NEWS keep moving forward...I also have been busy taking new directions, working 45-50 hours a week, going to the gym 4 days per week, spending time with Brenda and I've started my Web Design business up again...keep us posted on your progress and kayc is correct you need more sleep try 4 hours a night that's what I run on for 4 days then I get about 10 hours on days off...take care...

NATS

Good news Dwayne, I too had been wondering about you. Hopefully now you will be able to get a little more sleep. I got tired just reading about all that you are doing!

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

The guys here on this site are hard to keep up with! LOL Harry and Nats and Dwayne, you're not a kidding, I'm tired just thinking about their schedules!

Hi Mary, and NATS,

I am doing just fine. For years taking care of Pauline it was the same thing, 4-5 hours a night and that is it. I was always up at 4 to take care of her before leaving for work. I started at 6 am . But now there is no more getting up in the middle of the night to take her to the bathroom and back or change the bedding, but I would have not changed a thing. I cannot remember sleeping for 10 hours at a time. Last night I slept for 6 1/2 hours. Today I was at church rehearsal for our play next weekend. Yesterday I drove down to Harwich on Cape Cod, to the lab that I will be drawing blood in just to introduce myself, and make sure that there was no construction delays, so come Monday morning I will be there for 7 am . The lab supervisor was very impressed that I drove the 75 miles one way just to do that. I am already to go.

Nats, glad to hear everything is going well in your life with work and your new love Brenda.

Queeniemary, Thank you, I love taking care of people, I had a great teacher in Pauline. She never wanted anyone other than, me to care for her, so if a visiting nurse would have to come in more than one a week, she would tell them that they had to train me in the skills they were doing. Now I am able to use what I learned plus a whole lot more, but it feels so good, so right. I am very happy I made my choice to go into nursing. I still have a way to go yet, but getting this internship, being picked 4 out of 20 students for 5 places. I am very blessed. It is only forwards from here.

God Bless

Dwayne