Grief Healing Discussion Groups

An Anniversary Remembered

Today I celebrated Celene and my wedding anniversary. It was a tough and emotional week leading up to today. A couple of days ago I bought Celene a card and wrote her a message about how much she means to my life. I originally planned to get away to Sedona, a place we went to on several anniversary getaways, although work didn't allow me the time. I then decided to go to our favorite restaurant. I stopped off and picked up a long stem red rose that I laid on the table while at dinner. I ordered Celene's favorite dish and the appetizer we shared. While driving I put on our song and remembered our wedding dance. I visualized how beautiful she looked in her wedding dress and how we laughed at how long our song was. Tonight brought several wonderful memories of our life together. Tomorrow I might be back to the heartaches of missing Celene... for tonight I have happiness in my thoughts.

Anthony

What a positive post to wake up to Anthony. Your anniversary day sounded just perfect except that you missed Sedona. Our good memories are what are going to move us along, aren't they? You have given me some ideas for what I will do in December. I was hoping to just go to sleep and wake up in January since I have a birthday, our wedding anniversary, and Christmas all coming in December! Six months for me is such a short time as is your ten months. You are in my heart and we will move through this tunnel we are in right now. Have a great day and thank you again for your positive post. A quote that I'd like to share with you:

'No one ever really dies as long as they took the time to leave us with fond memories.' - Chris Sorensen

Anne

Anthony, what a wonderful tribute to the love you shared with Celene. I just know she was with you all day and every day. You are a brave man. Peace, Mary

Anthony...I'm glad your anv. went well, I'm sorry I haven't been on line lately to respond sooner. I find if I miss a day...I miss.

Warm thoughts to you!

Thank you all for your kind words. The following day was a pajama day, then out of town on Monday. I was a bit nervous Saturday night, wondering if I would break down during dinner. I thought if anyone asked what the rose was for, I would have definitely broke down in tears. During dinner I would look at the rose there next to me and every time I would have a pleasant memory of years past and times spent together.

Anthony