Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Mother's Day Is Coming...grr

This will be my second Mother's day without my Mom and two days after that is my birthday.She would be the first one to text me after midnight to tell me Happy Birthday...anymore birthdays are just another day to me.The kids want to take me to dinner for Mother's day but i don't know if I can do it,afraid I will start crying in the middle of dinner.The crying just comes when ever it wants to,can't seem to control it anymore.Not sure what to do.Don't want to hurt my kids by not going.

babbent,

Maybe it's just okay if you cry. I doubt anyone and especially your children would be upset with that. It passes and you get on with the gathering. You even get to enjoy the warmth of family knowing that they loved your mom too.

I am going through a lot of that as well. My MIL died on mothers day last year just a year after Kathy died. I felt the loss so strongly because she was a connection to my own loss and she was always so nice to me. Like so many holidays such as fathers day which I will endure as my dad died a year ago, I will still spend the time with my own children and I know they will understand if I get sad also.

We will hold them in our hearts and always remember that life is a circle and one day our children will miss us too.

I know it is hard to face it, but I hope the best for you.

• 3 weeks later...

babben

I just saw this post, I wish I would have sooner. How did your Mother's Day go? Did you spend it with your kids? Tomorrow is your birthday, and I hope it is a good birthday, in spite of missing your mom. I hope you are able to enjoy what is, even if what "isn't" is a glaring missing piece in your life. Trying to be present with what is in the moment ensures that you don't add to your losses by missing what is right there right now. (((hugs)))

Kay