Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Dear Kristen

Just a note to let you know that I think you are very brave and your Marcus is with you as you move slowly through this deep, deep loss.

Sending you a small bit of sunshine to let you know that I am thinking of you. Anne

post-15704-0-55294000-1371137699_thumb.j

Chris and Kristen,

I don't know why/how people could leave us high and dry after losing the love of our life. It could happen to anyone, and seems to. But it happened to us and not them so they try to brush it aside and forget about it. I don't hear from George's family and friends either and he would be very upset if he knew this is how it'd turn out. He was always there for his family and friends.

Dear Anne

Thank you so much for your comment-made me smile and that picture is beautiful. Marcus would've liked it too. Thank you. I hope you are having a nice day :):)

Kay

I have to say i did a double take when i saw Chris and Kristen-my ex husband's name. Weird :) anyway, i know overall there are the basic obvious answers as to why, but just sucks to be blunt and sometimes (at least for me) it helps to vent. When you said how George won't be happy with the way things turned out-i've been thinking about that too. Marcus would not be ok with the way i was treated, but then again i don't think he's too happy with me right now. I get that people get frustrated and maybe even annoyed with me at times, but if they stopped to think how it is for us-guess that's why they rather not deal. Sad really.

Kristen,

Sorry about that! Didn't mean to startle you.

I wouldn't think Marcus would be unhappy with you about how you're handling things, but understanding, and knowing how hard this has been for you, I'd think he'd just want to put his arms around you and make it all better. I don't think our departed loved one would hold any judgment for us, after all, they haven't had to experience this, it's been us doing it!

How could they not? I do know there's not supposed to be pain or tears there, so it's possibly not the excruciating pain we're going through but I'm sure they can't wait to be with us again. But again, the sense of time is different so what seems to be forever to us is but a brief span of time there.

I was thinking that after i asked you that. Maybe they don't miss us cause they are always with us even if we don't feel it. I've been so focused on that night and us working on things that i haven't thought about all the good times. I remember him saying to me one time "how come when we disagree you think it's over? It's like it's easy for you to just forget how much i love you. That doesn't just change. No matter what happens to us".

Thank you Kay for making me remember that :)

I never thought of it like that before, but you're probably right, that makes sense.

I hope you can always remember that even death doesn't separate us or destroy our love. :)