Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Give Me Strength Please Today. First Father's Day

Today is our First Father's Day without Dad. It's been 6 months & 15 days. thought this would be easier to get through today. Almost didn't buy my husband a Father's day card since every time I got near that section at the card store I cried. Finally at Walmart, one of my regular customers from work who knows about Dad saw me struggling at the F.Day card section, went & grabbed a big sheet of poster board & held in front of the Dad cards until I could find one for hubby.

Today I woke up thinking "Yay, I can call & talk to Dad today." then a few minutes later "oh crap, no I can't. he's gone & I can't tell him & hear him tease me about making a fuss over him". So I'm avoiding looking at ANY photos of him until later when my hubby's at work & I can cry. I so want to hold his hand again, want to hear his voice, want to feel his hugs, share a beer with him. He was the best example of a man there could be-my husband even resembles alot alot of his same good character. His best gift was thew wonderful & gentle way he treated my Mom-he had her so spoiled. He also taught my sisters & I what to look for & expect from a man/partner; sometimes we didn't listen but in the end we all did.

I wish Heaven had a phone to call him & tell him Hey Happy Father's Day. I'll see you soon. xoxo

this photo was taken 2 yrs ago at my daughter's high school graduation. 3 days later he survived a massive hemmoraghic stroke. This is the last photo we have of him well.

post-16106-0-69781100-1371415285_thumb.j

I'm sorry this day is so hard for you, the first of many Father's Days without him...I know how hard it is, my own dad passed 31 years ago and my husband died on Father's Day eight years ago. It will get better eventually but it does take a long time. I'm glad you still have your husband.

I would tell him Happy Father's Day anyway, who know but maybe they hear us.

• 1 month later...