Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Going Home: Finding Peace When Pets Die

MartyT

Hard to make it through this, but beautiful.

Thanks for posting, Marty. Having a really bad day today. It was 5 years ago today that we drove to meet Allie's foster mom to make her a part of our lives. Didn't realize on that day what a big part she would become. She just walked right in and made herself at home.

Have been working on a small area in the yard as a memorial to Allie and Lucy, our other Cavalier that we lost last year. I will take some pictures when it's done. I had a little stone made with the saying "Every once in a while, a dog enters your life and changes everything. Allie". That she did.

Mary

That's beautiful, Mary!

Thanks for posting, Marty. Having a really bad day today. It was 5 years ago today that we drove to meet Allie's foster mom to make her a part of our lives. Didn't realize on that day what a big part she would become. She just walked right in and made herself at home.

Have been working on a small area in the yard as a memorial to Allie and Lucy, our other Cavalier that we lost last year. I will take some pictures when it's done. I had a little stone made with the saying "Every once in a while, a dog enters your life and changes everything. Allie". That she did.

Mary

That is so perfect, Mary!!!!

Thank you. I found it on Etsy, and as soon as I saw it, I had to have it for Allie. I had one made with another saying on it for Lucy. I had them add some violets on the stone to remind me of the one little violet I found on Mother's Day, a few months after Lucy died, and then the ones I found scattered across the yard after Allie died.

Mary

That was a great idea! I didn't know you could get things like that on Etsy.

That was a great idea! I didn't know you could get things like that on Etsy.

Oh yes. I have a chain necklace from Etsy that has a little cat in a box. Gb always sat in every box I brought in the house. Always.

And I ordered another one that has a cat and locket in which I'll put a bit of fur.

I sure like Mary's stone idea with the violet.

An excerpt from Jon Katz's book, Going Home: Finding Peace When Pets Die

Thanks so much for posting that. I cried all the way thru it . It is beautiful.

And today I watched the video that you posted to honor your wonderful Beringer. Beautiful and tearful.