Grief Healing Discussion Groups

What are you doing to improve your life?

9 hours ago, Brad said:

Deedo just went on a trip to Disneyland where she will forever be part of Fantasmic, the Train, the Teacups and the Fireworks display; all of her favorites

Ok Brad.....I do not wish to pry, but I have to ask.....did you/others scatter ashes at these places?  I ask because I scattered some of Connor's ashes at the hotel I stayed at the night before my flight to Michigan for Christmas....scattered a small amount at poolside near the manmade waterfall......we stayed there very often, we called it "our" hotel....and that was our favorite spot when we were there. That may sound odd to many.....but it just felt right to me....I make no apology for it. I will scatter other ashes in other meaningful spots, the rest will be combined with mine when I get to leave, and be interred mixed together.

There are many places where Deedo will be going including where we were engaged, married, special places like Disneyland, her gardens, a few of our favorite places in Utah and Arizona. I also had some of her ashes made into a marble for each of my kids so they can take her with them to special events: graduations, weddings, etc. re: Disneyland my daughter took her there last week and left her at her favorite rides. 

IMG_1739 (1).jpg

7 minutes ago, Brad said:

I also had some of her ashes made into a marble for each of my kids so they can take her with them to special events: graduations, weddings, etc. re: Disneyland my daughter took her there last week and left her at her favorite rides. 

IMG_1739 (1).jpg

Oh Brad,that is so sweet of you!

New Years Noise

Janka

I wish I'd known they did things like that before I scattered George's ashes.  I'd love to have part of him with me like that!

• Upvote 1

The website is ashbeads.com the artist is Merry Coor. You can also find her work on Etsy.com. Prices are $117 to $160 per marble. I was very impressed with her work and sensitivity. 

What a great idea!So many people will be happy,knowing there´s something like that to make them happy,having a part of their loved ones close to heart.

Valentine paper cutout

Janka

PS:Happy New Year 2016!

I actually game up with a number......Thursday is my fast day........More of a Sunup to Sunset thing(I am  over 60).........anyway my goal is  to  contribute $50  a month . This is to be shared to  a specified  charity or church......PS this is KayC .idea...Happy NewYear

• Upvote 2