Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Margaret - I will not say goodbye!

Andre-

Those memories are now part of the fabric of you.  There is nothing in this world like getting so remote it is easy to believe you are the first and only people to leave footprints there. In my younger days I backpacked all over the Western U.S. hitting every Wilderness area I could find.  You are right about the peace, tranquility and beauty and the best part is so very few people make back there so it stays pristine.  Wrap yourself nightly with those memories.

BRAD - a part of my fabric indeed - a huuuuuge part - and wrapping myself in those memories is exactly what I do - many a day it carries me. Great to hear you also did the backpack thing - then you will know EXACTLY how it was for us too - whether it was our 120 km Naukluft hike in Namibia, for 8 days next to the Namib desert or if it was in the lush rain forests on our 5 day Outeniqua hike, they all were special - very special - we were so blessed to be able to do them together - it teaches one a lot - about yourself, about life and what really is wheat and what is chaff - you should've seen My Margaret in the mountains - an iron lady indeed - extreme toughness hidden under her beautiful outward appearance - she was pure iron!! Thanks Brad.

• Upvote 3

Katpilot, that was so beautifully put.  I am trying everyday to let grief go for a little bit.  Some days I just can't find that, but more and more I am finding that I can see something or eat something  and think how much Dale would like that and it brings a smile to my face.  I guess that is all we can do, try to find some pleasure in this journey.

Joyce

• Upvote 4

That's right Joyce. That truly is the sweet part of sorrow. We travel a rough road unlike any hardship we ever thought possible.  How horrible when someone has to discover this and they join us every day. I am glad we have each other to hug and hold onto for it makes the journey a little easier.

• Upvote 4