Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I Had A Dream...

:unsure: Hi everyone,

Not really sure if this the correct place for this, but I’m interested in your feedback. I don’t usually have dreams, don’t know why, but when I do, they are usually vivid dreams. I had one the other night and I keep thinking about it. Here goes….

We were in an enormous house (I’ve dreamt of this house before, many times over the years). Tom was his old healthy self, with the beautiful blond hair of his youth. :wub: We, all our relatives, were preparing food for a huge party. When my son asked what the party was for, I replied “Don’t you remember, Tom’s being baptized?” I knew this was silly when I said it, but I believed it.

While others kept preparing, I went to another, closed off portion of the house, to search for a dresser that I could put my things in. I came back and told Tom that I couldn’t find a dresser in the whole upper areas of the house. He just kind of laughed at me in his usual way, as if to say, “What’s the big deal?” B) I was still a little annoyed.

That’s about it. My interpretation is this. The house represents our home when we leave this earth, that’s why it’s so large. The baptism symbolizes his acceptance to heaven; all our relatives were there. The fact that he was healthy, happy, and young, is his way of telling me that he’s OK.

Now the fact that there are closed off areas of the house and no dresser available for me says to me that I can’t stay. It’s not my time and I must go after the celebration. This makes me sad because I have to wait to be with him. :(

Bebekat,

I think your dream was wonderful – AND your interpretation of the dream seems so very appropriate to what you describe. When I have dreams – not that often – but when I do I write them down – just as you did. I have found great comfort in putting it all on paper – and then making notes to myself as to what the dream means to me – jut as you did here.

I think this is a very healthy sign to be able to not only have the dream but also interpret it for your self. In my dreams my Jack is always healthy and looking good – just as you describe Tom.

Dreams are wonderful things for me. Since Jack died I look forward to any dreams – as it’s the only way I can see him again. I think it’s a good thing that we are seeing our loved ones happy and healthy. In spite of the illnesses that they may have endured – the pictures in our dreams show all the beauty that they possessed. I keep a running Journal (as best I can) and my dreams are part of this Journal.

I know you miss Tom – I miss Jack too. Your dream was wonderful – thank you for sharing it.

My heart is with you – Peace and Love,

John - Dusky is my handle on here

Guest Guest_Deborah_*

I hope the dream has brought you some comfort. I had not told many people, but I had a dream a few weeks ago of Larry. I was speaking to someone in our livingroom and I heard someone coming down the stairs. I turned to look and it was Larry. I ran to him, and took his face in my hands. He was his current age but his skin was so glowing and healthy unlike anything I had ever seen. He was smiling and his eyes were so bright. He didn't speak. I turned to whoever it was I had been talking to and screamed he's alive, they were wrong, he's not sick... and then he was gone.

I shared that with my mother and she said it was God's way of giving me a glimpse of Larry healed. I want to think that is true but I don't trust my own thoughts right now. I still feel very confused about what has happened. I want to feel some peace but don't know how. I think Dusky that Jack must have looked that way in your dream as you described him as healthy, thats exactly what I saw too.

Dear Ones,

The topic of grief dreams is fascinating, and one that we've discussed previously in these forums. If you've not seen it already, you might want to read the post in our Behaviors in Bereavement forum entitled "Strange Dreams about Death," dated 28 November 2005. You can access it directly by clicking on this link:

http://hovforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?show...st=0entry2900

I think you guys are right on in your assessment of your dreams. I think it's God's way of assuring us. I wish I could dream of my George...I probably do but I sleep so hard I rarely remember my dreams. I have heard it said that in order to remember them you must be in a lighter sleep or wake up at some point. Of course they are healthy and happy, hang on to that! And the time will come that we will join them! :)

Thanks everyone for your input. Oddly enough, I did find some comfort in the dream. I started a journal of dreams or whatever. This isn't the first time I've started one, but, I'm not a big writer, so I hope I will be able to contribute something to it.

I’m glad we see them in a healthy body, that’s the way I really want to remember Tom. In a way, I would like to erase the memory of how he looked before he died. It pains me so to remember him this way. But it is also the last time I got to see him, so I can never wish that away.

Pleasant dreams everyone………

Guest Guest_Shubom_*

I believe in seeing our loved ones in dreams too. My father and mother both passed away. My dad about 6 years ago at 47 of a heart attack. And my mother earlier last month at 56, in her sleep, unknown causes. I miss them so much. The timing of the dreams is what makes me believe they are real. When my father passed away, my sibling and I both had dreams about him that night for about a whole week. Very vivid dreams where I thought he had came back and he looked young and healthy and very very happy. However, the dreams about my mother took a lot longer to come. And it made even doubt the dreams I had about my father. I was so sad. I cried every night in her room until I just couldn't take it and decided to stay with relatives. Well about exactly 2 weeks after she died, on the same night, my sibling and I both had a dream about my mother. It was so real. In my dream she was alive and lying down. I got so excitd and asked if she wanted me to call her family and tell them that she's ok now. She said no. I was a little confused, so then I proceeded to lay down beside her. I put my hand on her arm and she felt so warm. That's when I woke up and noticed my arm in that same position. It felt so real and I was really happy to have touched her again. I had a few other dreams, where she appeared really happy and telling me how she can move around without her body. While she seemed happy, it scared me because she didn't have a body. I became really sad in my dreams. I had another dream where my aunt told me that in the middle of the night, I started playing paddycake in the air. If only I could remember what that dream was about. I'm pretty sure it was my mother coming to me. I miss her so much !

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest_Vivian_*

Shabom: I don't know how old you are, but by the ages of your parents I'd imagine you were rather young. I feel for you as I do my own children who are 22 and 17 (they lost their dad 4 months ago) I was only 14 when my own father passed away and I know how much ones life changes. You are fortunate to have a sibling, someone with whom you can share memories. By sharing those memories with someone who was there with you, you will keep your parents in your heart forever. Remember you are their legacy and they live on in you and in your children should you have any now or in the future.