Grief Healing Discussion Groups

A friends senseless words

Janice, my dear, you said "Kids are a blessing and sometimes you wonder." Yes. I think that, even when they've grown into adults, our children are so used to our protecting them and putting their needs before our own that they come to expect it no matter the circumstances. They lose sight of the fact that we have needs, too. This is why in grief it's so important to look outside our own family circle to find the support and understanding that we need and deserve. And of course, mourning the loss of a parent is not the same as mourning the loss of a spouse. Add to that the fact that everyone grieves differently, even in the same family. (See How We Mourn: Understanding Our Differences.)

• Upvote 3

One of my biggest faults, and Lord knows I have developed more than a few, and one of those is I don't "practice what I preach."  I should listen to myself sometime instead of laying on the ground like a rug to be walked on.  That was one "saying" I learned from my shrink so many years ago, my laying on the ground to be walked on.  Seems I just look for a more comfortable piece of ground to lay upon.  I sure am down on myself today.  Sorry folks, this too shall pass.

• Upvote 3