Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Can't get a grip this week

This has been a strange week have come out of the gut wrenching sadness when I posted "need to vent" but this week has been weird I usually look forward to listening to Kevin's music but this week when I listened did not feel the comfort I usually do did not feel the closeness just kept thinking he is gone Robin this won't bring him back, I have slept alot this week and still feel drained like all I want to do is sleep, I have zero energy I don't know where this is coming from feels like falling into a daze again.Hope it doesn't last long hugs to all.

• Upvote 2

It pains me to listen to our songs, like nothing else, I don't find comfort in it, maybe someday, but not yet.  Grief takes a lot out of you, Robin, so it's not surprising to me that you have no energy!

• Upvote 3

I have been trying so hard just seems like this week is an everything seems pointless week, I can't have what my heart truly wants none of us can anymore I keep on trying I guess is all I can do even my kids have noticed a difference this week I am trying sometimes just forget why.

• Upvote 2

It's absolutely remarkable to me that the only time I hear the radio is to wake up from a nap I take every day.  What are the odds that they would be playing a song that was special to Steve and I?  Happens all the time.  Well, it certainly catapults me right up.  Fumble for the off switch immediately.  1 minute at most in a 24 hour day.  Maybe it did that before, but he was here so it was kinda cool.  I set my morning alarm to a buzzer to avoid music.  Having to hide from music.  Never thought I'd see that happen.

• Upvote 3